Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default server error 500 after upgrade

Hi all.
    a friend of mine has a zencart webshop. It is running in 1.5.1 and he asked me to help upgrade to 1.5.5a.

Here is what I did:
    1. Installed a clean version of zencart 1.5.5a in a sub-domain (test.realurl.com). In a new database on the same server as his current 1.5.1 database (I told zencart to use a database prefix "new_")
    2. Installed the needed modules.
    3. Using PHPmyadmin (which his hosting provider provides) selected all the tables in the database from the 1.5.1 site, selected copy table(s) to, and copied the tables to the new 1.5.5a database.
    4. Used FTP to edit /includes/configure.php from define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_'); into define('DB_PREFIX', '');. The site works, it contains all product! SUCCES. (I still need to upload all the images etc. but succes!
    5. I went into the admin area, logged in, and he! no products!? Ah, stupid, I need to edit edit /adminfolder/includes/configure.php from define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_'); into define('DB_PREFIX', ''); also.
      !! but now when i go to test.realurl.com/adminfolder i get a Server Error 500.
    6. when I go back to /adminfolder/includes/configure.php and tell it to use the prefix "new_" again, the admin works again, but ofcourse withou products.

What am I overlooking? Any ideas?
    many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: server error 500 after upgrade

Check your /logs folder. The myDEBUG*.log files there most likely hold details of what the Server-500 is all about.

If you're going to post the contents of a log, remember that the logs named myDEBUG-adm*.log will contain your admin folder's name.

Plugin Contributions

Check also that files are not writable - some hosts disallow execution of PHP files with +w permissions.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Ummm. Zc_install to upgrade the database as an action not yet described. Wouldn't expect that to cause a 500 error, but is an action not described and necessary.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Oops!
    Yes, between 3 and 4
    zc_install was executed to upgrade the database. With succes

Forgot to mention. Will exit the post. Also tomorrow I'll look into the log files als suggested. Thanks zo far!

Plugin Contributions

Seems that it has something to do with a template and language?

I've tried some stuff, but it seems like trail and error which leads to new issues. I'm not familiar enough with zencart to be able to interpret the log file for a single cause.
    For instance, I've tried just uploading the dutch.php to from the old includes/languages folder to the new. But that leads to the site (the front end also giving a system error), removing this dutch.php again, front end works.
    I've tried to replace the "includes" folder in the new site with the "includes" folder with all contents from the old site. This does not make the back end work (it does however make the new site look exactly like the old site (because it now finds things belonging to the old template).

Could it be that i need to make the new site look for the new default template and english language? If so, how do i do this without being able to log into the back end?

Here is the first part of the log file

Code:
     [05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] Request URI: /, IP address: ---IPADDRESS---
    #1  include_once() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php:72]
    #2  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/application_top.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/index.php:26]

[05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  include_once(includes/languages/dutch.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 72
    [05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] Request URI: /, IP address: ---IPADDRESS---
    #1  include_once() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php:72]
    #2  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/application_top.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/index.php:26]

[05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/dutch.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 72
    #1  htmlspecialchars() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/functions/functions_general.php:73]
    #2  zen_output_string() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/functions/functions_general.php:93]
    #3  zen_output_string_protected() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_reviews_random.php:16]
    #4  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_reviews_random.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/sideboxes/reviews.php:33]
    #5  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/sideboxes/reviews.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/column_left.php:31]
    #6  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/column_left.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:103]
    #7  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/index.php:97]

[05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  htmlspecialchars(): charset `CHARSET' not supported, assuming utf-8 in /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 73
    #1  include() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php:39]
    #2  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php:236]
    #3  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:133]
    #4  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/index.php:97]

[05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  include(includes/languages/dutch/html_includes/define_main_page.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php on line 39
    #1  include() called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php:39]
    #2  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php:236]
    #3  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:133]
    #4  require(/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/index.php:97]

[05-Aug-2016 11:22:34 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Warning:  include(includes/languages/dutch/html_includes/define_main_page.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php on line 39