Hi all.
a friend of mine has a zencart webshop. It is running in 1.5.1 and he asked me to help upgrade to 1.5.5a.

Here is what I did:
  1. Installed a clean version of zencart 1.5.5a in a sub-domain (test.realurl.com). In a new database on the same server as his current 1.5.1 database (I told zencart to use a database prefix "new_")
  2. Installed the needed modules.
  3. Using PHPmyadmin (which his hosting provider provides) selected all the tables in the database from the 1.5.1 site, selected copy table(s) to, and copied the tables to the new 1.5.5a database.
  4. Used FTP to edit /includes/configure.php from define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_'); into define('DB_PREFIX', '');. The site works, it contains all product! SUCCES. (I still need to upload all the images etc. but succes!
  5. I went into the admin area, logged in, and he! no products!? Ah, stupid, I need to edit edit /adminfolder/includes/configure.php from define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_'); into define('DB_PREFIX', ''); also.
    !! but now when i go to test.realurl.com/adminfolder i get a Server Error 500.
  6. when I go back to /adminfolder/includes/configure.php and tell it to use the prefix "new_" again, the admin works again, but ofcourse withou products.

What am I overlooking? Any ideas?
many thanks in advance.