Plugin Contributions

Default Character limit on MODULE_PAYMENT_INVOICE_TEXT_TITLE?

When people select to pay by invoice I want to put my payment details on their invoice.

I do not want to print payment details on every invoice, only the ones that are not already paid (by paypal, credit cards, et.)
    So I thought it would be a "good idea" to add my payment details to the definition of MODULE_PAYMENT_INVOICE_TEXT_TITLE.

So it now reads "Invoice for prepayment, goods are only shipped after payment Details for payment......."

This info is stored OK in my DB but only most of the first line is printed. I experimented with changing the content of the first line and it is clear there must be a fixed limit to the number of characters somewhere, but where!

I am using the standard classic green template. I checked and have the same with my v1.5.1 site.

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Character limit on MODULE_PAYMENT_INVOICE_TEXT_TITLE?

Is this constant something you added yourself? I don't see it as a base constant of an install. Don't forget that there is are various css stylesheets applied to things, there may be a limit imposed on a generic row, or perhaps on every record or field. Also, there could possibly be an error in some of the text which may not prevent operation but could get truncated, issue an error log and keep on truckin'.

Some more information (even to identify that I didn't look in the right place because it's plain as day)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Is this constant something you added yourself? I don't see it as a base constant of an install. Don't forget that there is are various css stylesheets applied to things, there may be a limit imposed on a generic row, or perhaps on every record or field. Also, there could possibly be an error in some of the text which may not prevent operation but could get truncated, issue an error log and keep on truckin'.

Some more information (even to identify that I didn't look in the right place because it's plain as day)
    Many thanks for your interest.

"Is this constant something you added yourself?" Sorry should have mentioned it comes from the "payment by invoice" addon (I thought it was standard ) It shows up as "Payment Method:" on the invoice.

"there could possibly be an error in some of the text " I tried different texts with the same result, see attachments!

So far as I know I did not change anything relevant in a css; I mostly changed colors and some font sizes.

When I use the Inspect function I do not see anything obvious; the only time sizing is mentioned is "box-sizing: border-box;" from /includes/css/bootstrap.min.css
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textlength2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	16573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textlength1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	16572  

Plugin Contributions

Would suggest, if it exists, to ask the question on the support thread for that plugin. It could already be answered (review of the thread if it exists), or would help others in trying to resolve.

If it is css related, someone working with the plugin (familiar with or having installed it) would be more supportive in this issue with the invoice than an image. Do printouts look the same? Or is it only on screen that this issue is noticed? Is there any javascript, jquery, etc... loaded could affect it?
    Last edited by mc12345678; 8 Aug 2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: revised because issue is on admin side rather than store front. no url to provide.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...