Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping options Driving me Crazy....

I cannot for the life of me get the shipping options to work like I need:

what Im trying to do is, set FreeOptions -

shipping cost 7.00

=>50.00 free shipping,

checkout under 50.00 and it doesnt add the 7.00 flat rate.

I even shut of free modules and only have flat rate on, and it still doesnt add it to checkout. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping options Driving me Crazy....

The wording on the "Free Shipping Options" shipping-method's configuration screen are a bit misleading. The "Shipping Cost" is the cost (?) that you assign to the free shipping options.

If what you want is a normally flat-rate of $7.00, with free shipping on orders over $50.00, then you could configure:

Flat Rate ....... Shipping Cost (7.00)
    Free Options .. Shipping Cost (0.00), Total >= (50.00>

That way, the $7.00 flat-rate will always display and the customer is given the option of choosing free-shipping if their order is >= $50.00.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The wording on the "Free Shipping Options" shipping-method's configuration screen are a bit misleading. The "Shipping Cost" is the cost (?) that you assign to the free shipping options.

If what you want is a normally flat-rate of $7.00, with free shipping on orders over $50.00, then you could configure:

Flat Rate ....... Shipping Cost (7.00)
    Free Options .. Shipping Cost (0.00), Total >= (50.00>

That way, the $7.00 flat-rate will always display and the customer is given the option of choosing free-shipping if their order is >= $50.00.
    Thats the way I had it set, and when you added to cart and it was under 50.00,....it wouldnt add the 7.00 flatrate by clicking straight to paypal express......so I had to shut the button off and make them go through the whole checkout process and then click to go to paypal.

I dont know why....there arent zones setup or anything, its either 7.00 flate rate or free.

Plugin Contributions

I think you missed my point: You can't do it all with just the freeoptions shipping-method. You need to assign the 7.00 fee, separately, to the flat-rate shipping and then a zero-cost to the optional free shipping for orders over $50.00.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I think you missed my point: You can't do it all with just the freeoptions shipping-method. You need to assign the 7.00 fee, separately, to the flat-rate shipping and then a zero-cost to the optional free shipping for orders over $50.00.

I didn't miss anything, I said, thats exactly how I had it setup - (Just like you said) and it doesn't add the 7.00 flatrate under 50.00 by clicking straight to paypal express......so I had to shut the paypal express button off and make them go through the whole checkout process and then click to go to paypal before the flat rate is added.

its either 7.00 flate rate or free and it doesn't work by clicking straight to paypal express, you have to go thru the whole checkout

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood691 View Post
    I didn't miss anything, I said, thats exactly how I had it setup - (Just like you said) and it doesn't add the 7.00 flatrate under 50.00 by clicking straight to paypal express......so I had to shut the paypal express button off and make them go through the whole checkout process and then click to go to paypal before the flat rate is added.

its either 7.00 flate rate or free and it doesn't work by clicking straight to paypal express, you have to go thru the whole checkout
    Clicking "straight through" to PayPal Express won't show the shipping cost until you fill in your information and come back to your store for confirmation.

Plugin Contributions

so that will go to paypal, then back to site for conformation, then back to paypal for payment? I guess I am confused now..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood691 View Post

By first clicking on PayPal express, currently PayPal doesn't know the destination and other shipping related aspects. At the end of the checkout (as said by going all the way through checkout) the shipping fees are corrected/presented.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ok, thanks...I guess I didnt understand cause it really didnt make a difference where it was going cause it was a flate rate under an amount......it may be a little Not express :) but it will work. Thanks very much for helpng me out..........maybe you will catch my cross selling thread and know how I can fix that issue too