Plugin Contributions

cart error how to show one product if its different colors's size are out of stock?

Hello, I am a new user of zen cart(a bit late).

I knew maybe many peoples was asking similar question, but I can't find exact solution.
    I am using version 1.5.1.
    Can someone help to teach me, how to show one product in same selection box when its different colors which different sizes is lack?
    In case of some out of stock. Or how to limited some color's selection?
    I am selling socks, they have 6 colors in one style but 2 colors of its size XS and XL are out of stock. (normal is XS, S, M, L, XL each color)

So thanks for help!
    Last edited by kidultlearner; 11 Aug 2016 at 07:35 AM. Reason: wrong wording

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to show one product if its different colors's size are out of stock?

There is a plugin that while still being further developed/improved is available to perform this type of capability. It is available at https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined. Installation involves first uploading/incorporating the files in the includes and admin folders and then to use the files/folders within the ZC versioned folder to incorporate into your existing software.

ZC does not currently provide such attribute stock control, but that is provided by use of that plugin or other similar software.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: how to show one product if its different colors's size are out of stock?

mc12345678 ,

Many thanks for your quick reply. I'm so glad for this.I gonna to try it.
    As I am a new user of zen cart, and not a very familiar in computer. The link you sent to me and I browser it. It look like some special computer's language, I don't know how to install it into my zen cart, could you let me know more detail about of install. So.... thanks...ss!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to show one product if its different colors's size are out of stock?

To download the program as a .zip file go to this link which is the same provided by clicking on the big green button and then selecting the download option. Then unzip the program like is done with other plugins in this forum (an older version of this same program remains available in the plugins section).

As described in my previous message, there are several folders in the installation package. There are three version "specific or version related folders" and two generic folders.

In any includes folder that is not in the admin directory, there are or may be template override folders (YOUR_TEMPLATE). These override directories could/should be renamed to match the template folder name used on your test/live site so that the contents of those files end up in the path for use.

So, once unzipped, and folders properly renamed, the files that are in the base of the package (includes and admin directory) should be applied to your store. Then a similar process performed with the files in the folder for your ZC version.

Files that exist in the template override folder(s) (YOUR_TEMPLATE) that also exist in your current template directory need to have the applicable SBA (stock by attributes) code merged so that the applicable SBA action will be performed. Directly overwriting everything from the plugin will likely affect existing operation/modifications previously made to those files. The related provided files are the template_default or "core" overrideable version of that file from that ZC version (or in the 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 directory the version from 1.5.4 that does not negatively affect 1.5.3) and contain the modifications needed to support SBA.

Plugin Contributions

so thanks for your kindly help, I will try it out

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There is a plugin that while still being further developed/improved is available to perform this type of capability. It is available at https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined. Installation involves first uploading/incorporating the files in the includes and admin folders and then to use the files/folders within the ZC versioned folder to incorporate into your existing software.

ZC does not currently provide such attribute stock control, but that is provided by use of that plugin or other similar software.
    Is this compatible with 1.55a? I was under the impression from reading through the support thread that it was not.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    Is this compatible with 1.55a? I was under the impression from reading through the support thread that it was not.
    It has shown to be compatible. There were a few minor issues with some of the specific integrations of the customid on the admin invoice, packing_slip, etc. But that has been resolved to the extent that the custom_id has been addressed.

The issue remaining there is pulling the custom_id from the order history instead of from what is currently set in the existing product data. This means that if the customid is initially set to a value, the product purchased and then it is changed for future product that the displayed result will show the new customid not the old one. The data continues to be logged to eventually be pulled out, so once the code is written to pull the customid from the order the information will "properly" display whatever was previously set.

Ps: I'm still confused about what is in theprimary thread indicating that it doesn't work with zc 1.5.5. Badarac on the page before your inquiry there stated he had installed it satisfactorly.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 13 Aug 2016 at 01:53 PM.