Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Main Page Righthand Side Boxes align at bottom of page

Hi

I have used Zencart for many years without needing to modify it at all as its been running fine, but i was informed by a friend that version 1.3.8a is no longer PCI compliant and has some security issues and so i have upgraded to the latest version 1.55a via the official ZC_instal route and now have the new upgraded site up and running on my new web hosting as planned apart from a few issues.

The biggest problem i am having is that on the main page my right hand side boxes will only display at the bottom of the page to the left hand side and after spending nearly 20 hours on this searching this forum and other websites i cannot find anyone that has a similar problem and i have gone through every parameter in the admin trying to fix it.

If i go to any other page the best sellers side box displays correctly on the right hand side as i have set it up to do, just not on my main index page

Does anyone have any ideas what has happened ?? It all worked fine on 1.3.8a

Hope you guys can help

Regards Rob
    Last edited by Evil Rob; 13 Aug 2016 at 05:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Main Page Righthand Side Boxes align at bottom of page

A link to the site will help us help you. If you don't want the site indexed, specify it as example (dot) com.

Plugin Contributions

Rob,
    I had something similar happen when I switched from a classic to a responsive template. Found out I had HTML <div> markers in my EZ pages messing with the layout.
    Hope this helps!
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

Here is my website...Look at the very bottom of the page and you will see what i mean
    This is my upgrade workout site

http://new.evilempireperformance.co....shop/index.php

Strange thingis i have now found another page that does it too

http://new.evilempireperformance.co....oducts_id=1101

Thank you for the replies so far

Plugin Contributions

Found that if i go back to the classic template then the Bestsellers Sidebox etc goes back where they should

Is this a template thing and if so where should i look ??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Rob View Post
    Found that if i go back to the classic template then the Bestsellers Sidebox etc goes back where they should

Is this a template thing and if so where should i look ??
    Yes, that's a clear indicator that something's wrong with one or more of the files in your template.
    The template files are in /includes/templates/name_of_your_template/

Given that you said the problem seems to appear only on the home page, then maybe one of your tpl_index_xxxxxxx.php files might be where your problem is.

A review of all the changes you've made to original files could be beneficial.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes the right-side column will drop to the bottom due to the selected column width not being defined in the stylesheet. Yours appears to be set a 150 width which is defined in responsive.css.
    I do seem to see that the right column may be wrapped in a <b> tag. It appears to be the same for the navsupp.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Drbyte and dbltoe for your input, but this seems to be a bit beyond me to find and fix with my limited knowledge...

So i installed my Monster Template (i bought before i read on here that they can be troublesome (ahemmm) )

Well it fix my sidebox issue !!!!!
    But completely broke the test site too such an extent, that i cannot even view or edit any of the products on my original site in the admin section

There musty be a moral here !!!.....

I am not going to give up on this, as i want 1.55a working properly and will post if i find or get help to find a fix back on this forum..

That monster template looked so good on their website tooo
    Last edited by Evil Rob; 23 Aug 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Right i had a friend who codes websites, abiet not Zencart ones !!! have a very quick look at my site to see if he could see what was wrong when he was passing to day

And he pointed out when looking at my website, that when you resize the page on the screen its a responsive template issue as some times the right hand box goes the correct place on the screen and then moves to the bottom of the screen as you resize it further.

Is this a known problem with the responsive classic template or just my site ???

Regards rob

Plugin Contributions

there is no problem with the ZC responsive template that i know of... although i do not use it.

i would suggest you educate yourself a bit on responsive design for the web. here is perhaps an easy to understand site to explain it a bit:

http://johnpolacek.github.io/scrolld...ks/responsive/

getting a template to look nice (and especially a responsive design template) requires more work than some might want to put in.

and responsive design templates will put div elements according to how the css is coded. so if your screen gets smaller, then elements previously on the right hand side may end up on the left....

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast