Plugin Contributions

Default Call for price / Special Order details in message

Hi!

I was wondering if there would be a way for the "Special Order" or "Call for Price" option to keep the item number or item name in the "Contact us" page...

For example, when a cutomer is on the page of item A and sees "Special Order", in the message box there will already be a message saying like "Dear Shop, I would like to order the Item A".... or "I would like a price for Item A"...
    So the customer can add comments and fill up the "contact us" form without having to describe the item or copy/paste the url in the message...

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call for price / Special Order details in message

There's a plugin called (something like) "Ask A Product Question" which basically clones the Contact Us infrastructure but retains a product-id and I think includes the product name in the email that's sent.
    I haven't looked at what versions it's been kept compatible with, but you might want to look into it to see if it suits your needs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, thanks, I'm gonna try this right now...!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I tried it... works well... BUT... it appears on all item pages... I would need it to replace the "call for price" button or text...
    I am not experienced in that, so I tried just changing all "call_for_price" for "special_order" in all files... did not work...

Is there a way to change the "link" to which the "Call for Price" button to be the link for the "Ask a Question" with the items info, etc... ?