Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default how do I change the default adminstrator?

Never had to do this before and feel kinda dumb but I need to change the default administrator so that when sending emails from admin to the administrator (for testing purposes) it goes to the website owner and not me. I don't see anything in the admin tables that indicates how this is decided and I couldn't pop up an appropriate configuration setting.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I change the default adminstrator?

There's no such thing as a "default administrator".

Which specific emails are you wanting sent to someone else?
    Most emails are sent to the addresses shown in Admin->Configuration->Email Options

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

the options in send email under tools include an administrator. I thought that used to be determined by the email addresses entered in the email options but it the email went to me - and my email is not in admin.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh. That "Administrator" option picks the email address from the currently-logged-in administrator.
    You can change that email address by clicking "Account" in the top right corner of your admin screen, next to the Logoff link.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

well, son of a gun. I don't recall that being the case. Obviously, this must of changed somewhere back along the line!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just remember that the email address on an admin account also allows password resets for that admin account.

And for that reason I don't recommend having more than one administrator using the same email address.

Plugin Contributions

and the reason why we were looking at this is because he cannot get order confirmation emails at all. Everything else is working fine - welcome emails, customer confirmation etc - just no order confirmation emails. I cannot thing of what could be happening. This comes after upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5a. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

a) do customers get their confirmation emails?
    b) if you change the address for admin copies of confirmation emails, do they arrive? What exactly is the address that's entered? Is it in the correct format? Admin->Configuration->Email Options

Plugin Contributions

yep, customers get the confirmation and yes we have tried changing the admin email address and I know it's correct

I did install COWOA on this installation and this morning thought it must be because I had used the 1.5.4 orders.php file but using the 1.5.5a default file makes no difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    yes we have tried changing the admin email address and I know it's correct
    The "address" may be correct, but have you put it in the correct prescribed format, as explained in the help-text next to the field?

ie:
    Code:
    "name of recipient" <[email protected]>
    not just:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast