Plugin Contributions

Default Where do I paste my Google Analytics Tracking ID

I have been told that I should paste my Google Analytics Tracking ID in my home page between <script> & <script>.

I have not been able to find <script> & <script>. And am not sure which file is my home page.

Is this the correct instruction for Zen Cart v1.3.9h?

Can anyone give me the file path to my home page file where I insert Google Analytics Tracking ID? It’s been so long since I set up my Zen Cart I can’t remember my way around all the files & codes.

Should I put the Google Analytics Tracking code on every page or just my home page? I have a lot of pages!

I wish I could

o Is it a new install or an upgrade? New installed on my server Just Host. I am editing it there.
    o What the addons/contributions you have installed? Non
    o o What version of Zen Cart? v1.3.9h
    What customizations have you made? Created custom Template. Moved text and boxes form home page. Setting up categories etc
    o What type of server are you using? Unix-based servers on JustHost.com
    o Are you installing locally? It’s already installed on my host. I am editing it there.
     What operating system? Windows 7
     What version of PHP is installed on the server? PHP 5.2.16

o
    o What version of MYSQL is installed on the server? MySQL server version 5.0.91
    o What you were doing when your problem occurred? Editing my home page
    o What are the steps to reproduce the problem?
    o Have you attempted to fix the problem? Reading FAQ and trying instructions found there.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I paste my Google Analytics Tracking ID

That is one of many ways to associate your site with the applicable Google tracking code. Generally speaking (and this is addressed by installing the Simple Google Analytics plugin) and if I remember correctly tracking is usually applied to all pages except a few of the upfront checkout_ pages, but definitely on the checkout_success or other similar end landing page.

But, almost more importantly, 1.3.9h is like 6+ years old. I'm a little surprised that state newly installed as the newest version is currently 1.5.5a.

Otherwise, probably want to insert into includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/html_header.php
    Last edited by mc12345678; 24 Aug 2016 at 12:15 AM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I paste my Google Analytics Tracking ID

Quote Originally Posted by I wish I could View Post
    I have been told that I should paste my Google Analytics Tracking ID in my home page between <script> & <script>.

I have not been able to find <script> & <script>. And am not sure which file is my home page.

Is this the correct instruction for Zen Cart v1.3.9h?

Can anyone give me the file path to my home page file where I insert Google Analytics Tracking ID? It’s been so long since I set up my Zen Cart I can’t remember my way around all the files & codes.

Should I put the Google Analytics Tracking code on every page or just my home page? I have a lot of pages!
    If you are using this module
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1997
    ......the tracking ID needs to be entered into the file /includes/extra_datafiles/ec_analytics.php

This module tracks all pages and product sales data (except admin pages), with no changes to any existing zencart files and no other configuration needed on the zencart site other than entering this tracking code in this one file. Simplicity itself :)

Cheers
    RodG