Plugin Contributions

Default Gigantic Flag pic in "Order Status" / Cannot re-order or edit "order status" text

Trying to re-order the order status actions (processing, shipped, refunded, etc) and edit the customer emails they generate. When I go to admin -> localization -> order status there are a few problems I need to resolve:

First, there's a GIGANTIC American flag under the pending column that takes up nearly the entire page.
    Second, I cannot re-order the order status actions.
    Third, although I can edit and update the order status TITLES, I don't see how to edit and update the text that these titles generate.

We are using version 1.5.0
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gigantic Flag pic in "Order Status" / Cannot re-order or edit "order status" text

The as-shipped English-language icon is a 24x15 pixel British flag, so your oldy-moldy ZC1.5.0 file-set has been updated with that American flag.

What are the dimensions of your site's /includes/languages/english/images/icon.gif?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gigantic Flag pic in "Order Status" / Cannot re-order or edit "order status" text

Thanks for the response lat9 -- and good call on the icon.gif file. It was huge. I've re-upped it with the dimensions you mentioned.

However, the image files for the entire site (except the icon.gif file) are all still broken. I think it is a security or permissions issue since when I try to view one using the image address, I get a "forbidden" notice.

Any suggestions as to how to fix that? (I am hoping if I see the broken image files, it will help with re-ordering things and give more info).

PS The directory is:
    /aatfstoreadm/images/icon_info.gif

Plugin Contributions

PS Also worth noting that I cannot access any of the icons in the /home/french/www/store/aatfstoreadm/images directory even though the site control panel -- am told I do not have permission and receive this notice:

"Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /aatfstoreadm/images/icon_info.gif on this server.
    Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe"

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like your site's /images/.htaccess might be damaged or missing. Here's the contents of that file for the Zen Cart 1.5.5a distribution (I know I'm nagging, but you really should upgrade) for comparison:
    Code:
    #
    # @copyright Copyright 2003-2013 Zen Cart Development Team
    # @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    # @version GIT: $Id: Author: DrByte  Fri May 17 14:29:18 2013 -0400 Modified in v1.5.2 $
    #
    # This is used with Apache WebServers
    #
    # The following blocks direct HTTP requests to all filetypes in this directory recursively, except certain approved exceptions
    # It also prevents the ability of any scripts to run. No type of script, be it PHP, PERL or whatever, can normally be executed if ExecCGI is disabled.
    # Will also prevent people from seeing what is in the dir. and any sub-directories
    #
    # For this to work, you must include either 'All' or at least: 'Limit' and 'Indexes' parameters to the AllowOverride configuration in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file.
    # Additionally, if you want the added protection offered by the OPTIONS directive below, you'll need to add 'Options' to the AllowOverride list, if 'All' is not specified.
    # Example:
    #<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
    #  AllowOverride Limit Options Indexes
    #</Directory>
    ###############################

# deny *everything*
    <FilesMatch ".*">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>

# but now allow just *certain* necessary files:
    <FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(jpe?g|gif|webp|png|swf)$" >
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>

IndexIgnore */*

## NOTE: If you want even greater security to prevent hackers from running scripts in this folder, uncomment the following line (if your hosting company will allow you to use OPTIONS):
    # OPTIONS -Indexes -ExecCGI

##################
    ## Optional caching improvements
    ## Requires mod_headers to be enabled within Apache
    ##################
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
      Header unset Pragma
      FileETag None
      Header unset ETag
      <FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(jpe?g|gif|webp|png|swf)$">
        Header set Cache-control "max-age=864000, public, must-revalidate"
        Header unset Last-Modified
      </FilesMatch>
    </IfModule>

Plugin Contributions

lat9, you've convinced me ... I'm going to upgrade today and then tackle the problem of broken images and, more importantly, the problem of not being able to re-order the "order status" titles OR change the text of the "order status" emails.

Any tips on a good update tutorial? Or would you advise re-building the site?

Here are the two articles I've found so far:

"How Do I Upgrade My Zen Cart":
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?148

and

"How Do I Rebuild My Site on the New Version Instead of Upgrading"
    https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Thx again so much

Plugin Contributions

Given the number of changes since Zen Cart 1.5.0's release (12/30/2011), I'd suggest going down the "rebuild" process that you reference.

@swguy created a plugin (Mod List) that will help you identify any plugins that you might have installed. You can then see which of those have been updated for more recent versions so that your upgraded site has all current modules!