Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't find Paypal Express in my admin panel

I recently upgraded from v1.5.1 to 1.5.5a and want to enable Paypal on this installation (was using Blue Pay). I went to look for the Paypal Express Checkout in Modules> Payments and there are no Paypal options. I looked for Paypal Express in the plugins but did not see it there. It looks like Paypal Express comes pre-packaged with v1.5.5a but I do not see it.

In looking in my ftp files I see: includes/modules/payment Paypal folder and 3 other Paypal files (paypal.php, paypaldp.php, and paypalwpp.php) yet Paypal option does not show in my control panel. How can I get this module to install it in my control panel and overwrite what I have?
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find Paypal Express in my admin panel

What myDebug logs do you have? Sounds like you have a partial blank screen possibly because previously installed payment modules are still "active" or because only half of the associated fileset was transferred.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What myDebug logs do you have? Sounds like you have a partial blank screen possibly because previously installed payment modules are still "active" or because only half of the associated fileset was transferred.
    My logs file has this:
    Code:
    [30-Aug-2016 15:40:02 America/Chicago] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /MYPath/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 306
    My payments screen has a few issues. Please see this image:

Name:  payment_issue.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  27.2 KB

I just upgraded from version 1.5.1 to v1.5.5a. Since it looks like I am missing a few files I went into my 1.5.5a admin folder and reuploaded the entire folder to the admin area of my site (which is renamed). Yet I still see this issue. I would have though my re-upload of 1.5.5a admin to my admin would have fixed this. Maybe something didn't overwrite properly.

Also my new template called Wesminster New there are a few files in my admin folder. One is called: flexible_footer_menu.php and the other is called: layout_contoller.php (plus includes folder with files). but I think this issue was present before I installed the template as I thought I wanted to look at Paypal first. Not entirely sure.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what process was used to do the upgrade, but I thought linkpoint got replaced with the payeezy option... yes, the screen issues described are consistent with having an error stop further execution. The problem appears to be related to the linkpoint_api.php file and something it is trying to retrieve/access. I'm not where I can confirm the presence of that file in a complete manner against a fresh install of ZC 1.5.5, so would have to count on your description of how the upgrade took place to understand at this point or someone else lurking to fill in the gap(s).

Plugin Contributions

I followed these steps for upgrade: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?140 I ran into a few issues. Is there a way to re-run install while keeping my current settings? I cannot do a fresh install I have lots of previous customers and orders I have to preserve. There has to be a manual way to get my payment page back to normal.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I followed these steps for upgrade: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?140 I ran into a few issues. Is there a way to re-run install while keeping my current settings? I cannot do a fresh install I have lots of previous customers and orders I have to preserve. There has to be a manual way to get my payment page back to normal.
    While not an answer to the rerun install part, what do you have for files in includes/modules/payment?

Plugin Contributions

A default ZC 1.5.5 install should have only the following files:
    authorizenet.php
    authorizenet_aim.php
    authorizenet_echeck.php
    cod.php
    firstdata_hco.php
    freecharger.php
    moneyorder.php
    payeezyjszc.php
    paypal.php
    paypaldp.php
    paypalwpp.php
    sagepay_zc_form.php

The linkpoint related file identified above is something left over from a previous version of ZC or was transferred over to the subdirectory that was created in the update. If infact an in-place upgrade was performed then the fact that this file was not removed calls to question if other files were not removed as well.

And actually, it doesn't appear that the database install part needs to be performed again, but the files need to be correctly placed/removed.

Further, the issue is not on the admin side, but instead on the catalog side (includes/modules/payment)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 31 Aug 2016 at 01:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have these:
    Code:
    Folders:
    authorizenet
    linkpoint_api
    paypal
    sagepay_zc

Files:
    authorizenet.php
    authorizenet_aim.php
    authoriznet_echeck.php
    bluepay_an.php
    cod.php
    firstdata_hco.php
    freecharger.php
    linkpoint_api.php
    moneyorder.php
    payeezyjscz.php
    paypal.php
    paypaldp.php
    paypalwpp.php
    sagepay_zc_form.php
    Come to think of it when I was upgrading, I uploaded the new admin folder by itself instead of placing it inside my renamed admin. Sine the upgrade instructions did not tell me what to do with a renamed admin, I just uploaded the folder separately. Then when I ran the upgrade script it said I had two admins. Which one (listed admin and my renamed folder). I selected the renamed folder (which had the old files) then went through upgrade. Later I uploaded the new admin folder to the server and rewrote over my renamed admin files. Maybe that is what is causing this issue. Also the primary payment method was Bluepay. Now I want it to be Paypal. Odd the old store shows all the Paypal modules just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I have these:
    Code:
    Folders:
    authorizenet
    linkpoint_api
    paypal
    sagepay_zc

Files:
    authorizenet.php
    authorizenet_aim.php
    authoriznet_echeck.php
    bluepay_an.php
    cod.php
    firstdata_hco.php
    freecharger.php
    linkpoint_api.php
    moneyorder.php
    payeezyjscz.php
    paypal.php
    paypaldp.php
    paypalwpp.php
    sagepay_zc_form.php
    Come to think of it when I was upgrading, I uploaded the new admin folder by itself instead of placing it inside my renamed admin. Sine the upgrade instructions did not tell me what to do with a renamed admin, I just uploaded the folder separately. Then when I ran the upgrade script it said I had two admins. Which one (listed admin and my renamed folder). I selected the renamed folder (which had the old files) then went through upgrade. Later I uploaded the new admin folder to the server and rewrote over my renamed admin files. Maybe that is what is causing this issue. Also the primary payment method was Bluepay. Now I want it to be Paypal. Odd the old store shows all the Paypal modules just fine.
    It's not admin folder related, or at least not directly. Try removing linkpoint_api.php from the load sequence by renaming the extension so that the filename is something like linkpoint_api.phpignore. Then look at the modules->payment area.

As to the method used for "replacing" files by transferring the files of the new admin to the folder of the old admin, it is possible (though I haven't kept track of the individual file removals), that there may be files still in the load structure that could cause problems. That said, based on the error log posted above, the most recent issue is the code in the includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php file.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I think I have no choice but to try another install. Before I customize and insall the new template, I will disable all payment modules before upgrading. Also, this time I will upload the admin folder inside the renamed admin folder when the instructions call for it. Will keep you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast