Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find Paypal Express in my admin panel

Best way to upgrade/rebuild in your situation at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

What makes you think that reinstalling is the solution to this problem? Did you rename the file as recommended? What was the result, what new myDebug file was generated?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved, the new installation works properly. Again followed these instructions: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?140

I think the problem was caused by 2 possible reasons:

1. Instead of uploading the admin folder contents into my renamed admin folder, I just uploaded the admin folder by itself (causing 2 admin folders with different names). I was prompted to pick a folder which I picked my renamed folder during upgrade, but that folder had all the old files in it. If you follow the instructions upload your admin folder contents into your renamed admin. Don't have 2 admin folders. :)
    2. I upgraded from PHP v5.2 to PHP v7.0 right before upgrading the database and zen cart versions. The second time around, I noticed my server showed all the 5. PHP versions properly, but as soon as I switch to v7.0 my page went blank. This might have also been the cause.

Either one or both of the issues above caused my problem (at least that is my belief based upon what I saw during the first installation). But I was still able to easily upgrade to PHP v5.6 right before I upgraded Zen Cart to the latest version. It shows properly. Then after the database upgrade and I see everything installed properly, then I was able to switch my PHP to v7.0 after the upgrade. Don't upgrade PHP version until everything is updated. All is working well now!

Thank you for your help.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

I spoke too soon. Just found the problem. As soon as I switched the PHP version from 5.6 to v7.0 all the payment options disappeared again. Switching the PHP version is causing this issue. I then went into my installion with the issue, changed the PHP version on the folder to 5.6 and the payment options are all showing. Yeah!

I suppose I will just leave it at version PHP v.5.6 although, I would really love to know how to upgrade properly while using Zen cart. I know how to change PHP version on my server, I just don't know how to get Zen Cart to properly take the changes.
    Last edited by sports guy; 31 Aug 2016 at 11:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I spoke too soon. Just found the problem. As soon as I switched the PHP version from 5.6 to v7.0 all the payment options disappeared again. Switching the PHP version is causing this issue. I then went into my installion with the issue, changed the PHP version on the folder to 5.6 and the payment options are all showing. Yeah!

I suppose I will just leave it at version PHP v.5.6 although, I would really love to know how to upgrade properly while using Zen cart. I know how to change PHP version on my server, I just don't know how to get Zen Cart to properly take the changes.
    This tells me that one of your payment modules is not php7 compatible. what is the next expected payment module when you look in the payment page, using php 7, after the last module that is shown on the page?
    This should be the module that is not compatible, or is missing some files. Also these errors should show up in your logs folder.

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved, the new installation works properly. Again followed these instructions: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?140
    So, just came across the fact that the upgrade was not "successful" because of design75's response that included your most recent message. That link unfortunately contains two types/directions to perform the upgrade, so it is still somewhat unclear on the process followed. The very first link within that page points to where dbltoe suggested to read in order to perform the upgrade/rebuild.

I think the problem was caused by 2 possible reasons:

1. Instead of uploading the admin folder contents into my renamed admin folder, I just uploaded the admin folder by itself (causing 2 admin folders with different names). I was prompted to pick a folder which I picked my renamed folder during upgrade, but that folder had all the old files in it. If you follow the instructions upload your admin folder contents into your renamed admin. Don't have 2 admin folders. :)
    The issue (described earlier) with uploading all content into the existing renamed admin folder with no further action is that any files removed from the new install are not removed from the file structure automatically. Now, that said, it would appear that this same save all files into the directory without removing the ones that should no longer be present wasn't followed on your store/catalog side. This is why the linkpoint_api.php file is still present and is causing an issue. The includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php file was not included in the latest version of ZC (1.5.5 and up) and therefore was not made PHP 7.0 compatible and therefore will cause an issue when PHP is set to 7.0...
    1. I upgraded from PHP v5.2 to PHP v7.0 right before upgrading the database and zen cart versions. The second time around, I noticed my server showed all the 5. PHP versions properly, but as soon as I switch to v7.0 my page went blank. This might have also been the cause.
    The expectation of the upgrade process is that while you have a functional store you can install/test an upgraded store into the same environment and both can function. By upgrading PHP to 7.0 with your live store still on the server and now the new install, if that PHP upgrade applied to both, then your live store more than likely stopped functioning or had issues.
    Either one or both of the issues above caused my problem (at least that is my belief based upon what I saw during the first installation). But I was still able to easily upgrade to PHP v5.6 right before I upgraded Zen Cart to the latest version. It shows properly. Then after the database upgrade and I see everything installed properly, then I was able to switch my PHP to v7.0 after the upgrade. Don't upgrade PHP version until everything is updated. All is working well now!

Thank you for your help.
    Actually both of those did cause a problem but not quite as you were thinking as you found out below.

No, you don't have to stay at PHP 5.6. Dbltoe pointed into the correct direction of how to do this type of upgrade which is to rebuild the store on top of the new version and then to move the old files out of the way before placing the new files where the old were.

Basically also to address just this issue of the payment modules not fully loading on the admin side (also will be an issue on the store front), if you delete includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php from loading either by renaming as previously suggested or from the directory, then when PHP 7.0 is again put in place, you are likely to have different results (either a different myDebug log or different information on the payment screen or both).
    Last edited by mc12345678; 5 Sep 2016 at 01:41 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, the linkpoint_api payment module was REMOVED from v155 ... for three reasons:

a) Linkpoint is retiring that service in 2016, so the module will no longer work very soon.
    b) There are no plans to maintain the module, since it's for an expired service. See point A.
    c) It isn't compatible with PHP 7 and therefore requires coding changes to maintain it. See point B.

That said, if you strongly believe you need to keep it (because you're still using it), you can probably patch it to work on PHP 7 by changing lines 320-321 to:
    Code:
            global ${$order_totals[$i]['code']};        if (substr($order_totals[$i]['text'], 0, 1) == '-' || (isset(${$order_totals[$i]['code']}->credit_class) && ${$order_totals[$i]['code']}->credit_class == true)) {
    There may be additional changes needed, but this stops the module from breaking your admin display.

Better off to remove the files. That's why a list of removed files is provided in the upgrade documentation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    This tells me that one of your payment modules is not php7 compatible. what is the next expected payment module when you look in the payment page, using php 7, after the last module that is shown on the page?
    This should be the module that is not compatible, or is missing some files. Also these errors should show up in your logs folder.
    Interesting. The next payment module not showing was: Linkpoint API (Called: FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API). I went to: includes/modules/payment and deleted the folder: linkpoint_api and the file: linkpoint_api.php and kept PHP v7.0 up and running. Problem solved! The linkpoint module was obviously left over from my older installation, but it was not installed so I didn't think it would be a problem.

I did not see this in the error logs and found a log or two that should have shown after I changed to PHP 7.0. No mention of this problem but perhaps I just looked at the wrong 2 error log files (there are many).

Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Glad you solved it. Thanks for reporting back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12