Plugin Contributions

Default Medium and Large Images not being created

When i add an image to a product, it creates the image file in the /images folder but does not create an image in the images/medium nor images/large folders.

I added the plugin Image Handler and this is when the problem started. You can see my problem at http://criticalsystemsincshop.com/di...stub-p-71.html. when you roll over the image, it is looking for the medium image to popup a larger zoomed lightbox image but can't find it.

My questions are:
    shouldn't medium and large images be created when an image is added to a product? and why aren't they being created for me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Medium and Large Images not being created

Zen Cart does not automatically create the _med and _lrg images for you. IH4 will do that BUT, your store-bought template is using something other than Image Handler that came with the template.
    You'll need to refer to the documentation that came with the template or consult the author. There is a forum if you google ##########-temp.

Plugin Contributions

Medium and large images are only placed in those directories when one saves them there, otherwise the same image is presented across the board. Image Handler does "make" the different sized images, but doesn't store them in that directory structure, instead it presents the images (previously) with the image resolution as part of the filename. I haven't looked at the naming convention of the latest version of it as available in github. (see the IH4 forum thread for more on that.) as to your potential javascript that is to present a hovered image or what have you, IH4 will present the applicable image to such a program if the program takes advantage of the ZC zen_image function. If it is otherwise pulling data from the database or other "reference" then it won't work as desired.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Zen Cart does not automatically create the _med and _lrg images for you. IH4 will do that BUT, your store-bought template is using something other than Image Handler that came with the template.
    You'll need to refer to the documentation that came with the template or consult the author. There is a forum if you google ##########-temp.
    thank you..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Medium and large images are only placed in those directories when one saves them there, otherwise the same image is presented across the board. Image Handler does "make" the different sized images, but doesn't store them in that directory structure, instead it presents the images (previously) with the image resolution as part of the filename. I haven't looked at the naming convention of the latest version of it as available in github. (see the IH4 forum thread for more on that.) as to your potential javascript that is to present a hovered image or what have you, IH4 will present the applicable image to such a program if the program takes advantage of the ZC zen_image function. If it is otherwise pulling data from the database or other "reference" then it won't work as desired.
    why then are there 2 folders under images called 'medium' and 'large'.. do they come standard with zen cart? and what are they used for?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    why then are there 2 folders under images called 'medium' and 'large'.. do they come standard with zen cart? and what are they used for?
    They do come standard with ZC. The below FAQ implies that they need to be created, but over time they have become standard. With that, may I suggest reviewing the FAQS related to images, one of which is this: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...aration-how-to

There are several others, and while the title may not be applicable to what you may learn about images, I suggest reading as many/much as possible.

As a side note, iH4 at least historically made its own directory to store the images using its own naming convention. The newer version still does some of that, but I've kind of gotten over reviewing the output of the black box on that one. Follow a few simple standard ZC rules, install it properly, and it works. Yes I dig in the guts every once in a while, but only to achieve a different goal if needed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I can see an awful lot of jscripts in your sorce code, it is not too far fetched that some of these scripts may be clashing

For example, in one file you have

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and in another

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

which is a more recent version of the former. But both are loaded!

Something to consider....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    I can see an awful lot of jscripts in your sorce code, it is not too far fetched that some of these scripts may be clashing

For example, in one file you have

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and in another

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

which is a more recent version of the former. But both are loaded!

Something to consider....
    can you tell me which page you saw this on??

Plugin Contributions

If using the link provided in the initial post, I see at least 5 different versions of Jquery being loaded.
    Varying from the ancient 1.4.2 version to the more recent 1.10.2