Plugin Contributions

Default Re: send email vai gmail got error

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    E-Mail Transport Method smtpauth
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox [email protected]
    SMTP Email Account Password ************
    SMTP Email Mail Host mail.smtp2go.com
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 2525
    Thanks, carlwhat. I have the same setting, but it doesn't work. I think it maybe an SSL problem. I installed a self-signature certification file in my local host.

Plugin Contributions

I'm unfamiliar with Apache running on Windows. that said your Apache error log should tell you what the problem is. have you looked in there?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, it's probably your test PC's TLS/SSL not being reliable/verifiable/signed. That's a server problem, not a ZC problem.

In situations like this where your email problem is isolated to your test PC, and you can't resolve it there, it's best to turn off email ("Send Emails = false") locally. You can enable emails when you put the site on a real server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Ya, it's probably your test PC's TLS/SSL not being reliable/verifiable/signed. That's a server problem, not a ZC problem.

In situations like this where your email problem is isolated to your test PC, and you can't resolve it there, it's best to turn off email ("Send Emails = false") locally. You can enable emails when you put the site on a real server.
    i'm not sure i agree.... my test servers do not have verifiable SSLs installed and yet i can test email using any number of mail transport methods. including smtp2go.

the problem with waiting to do it on a live server is that you can not see the format of the emails that you send. and i like to customize my clients' emails, as well as add a few extra things... big surprise there!

i'm just not the big microsoft guy so the windows server world, while not completely foreign, is not my thing.... although i doubt that is the problem... could be wrong...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i'm not sure i agree.... my test servers do not have verifiable SSLs installed and yet i can test email using any number of mail transport methods. including smtp2go.

the problem with waiting to do it on a live server is that you can not see the format of the emails that you send. and i like to customize my clients' emails, as well as add a few extra things... big surprise there!

i'm just not the big microsoft guy so the windows server world, while not completely foreign, is not my thing.... although i doubt that is the problem... could be wrong...
    I agree, @carlwhat, once the site goes live it's too late to get those emails properly formatted. I have my local testbeds set up with XAMPP on Windows and change the email delivery method to PHP to enable my testing (including email validation) locally before pushing the changes to my client's site.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I will leave the email part to deal on living site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12