Plugin Contributions

Default Order Confirmation Emails

I'm banging my head here

For some reason one of my client's zenCart has stopped sending order notifications. I've checked all the settings in Config>Email Options against another very similar cart running on the same hosting plan. I can't find anything amiss. Is there another place in admin where notices for new orders can be turned off? Any ideas of where I can look to troubleshoot this?

Other emails seem to be sending ok. As a customer, I am receiving the confirmation, for example.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation Emails

Just a stab in the dark here. Recently had a customer (website owner) not receiving Order Confirmation email. I created a forward to my email and did a test order. I got the email AND I got a notice that msn had blocked the customers emails coming from the customers own site.
    MSN claimed that the email IP was in a block of IPs that included one IP that was s p a m m i n g. Had to prove to MSN that no such thing was going on.
    AOL, AT&T, SBCGlobal are all bad about this.

Plugin Contributions

Generally speaking, if emails of other types are being received from the store, but it appears only that the "admin" is not receiving emails, then there remains pretty much two things to verify.

1) that the emails for admin related notification are being generated, and 2) that the recipient email account can otherwise receive emails (not a full email account for example or the email being otherwise marked as spam). If an account is created that uses the same email address then would want to see if none, one, or two emails get received for say a purchase.

The following FAQ goes into the email issue troubleshooting and correction:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ved-or-sending
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did previously try setting up a forwarding to my own mail for the store admin email address. Nothing gets sent as far as I can tell after trying several different email addresses in the field "Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To." When I created a new account, I got the email saying "Welcome to the MY_STORE" and also got the customer order confirmation just fine.

How do I "1) that the emails for admin related notification are being generated"? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I did previously try setting up a forwarding to my own mail for the store admin email address. Nothing gets sent as far as I can tell after trying several different email addresses in the field "Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To." When I created a new account, I got the email saying "Welcome to the MY_STORE" and also got the customer order confirmation just fine.

How do I "1) that the emails for admin related notification are being generated"? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Generally speaking, if emails of other types are being received from the store, but it appears only that the "admin" is not receiving emails, then there remains pretty much two things to verify.

1) that the emails for admin related notification are being generated, and 2) that the recipient email account can otherwise receive emails (not a full email account for example or the email being otherwise marked as spam). If an account is created that uses the same email address then would want to see if none, one, or two emails get received for say a purchase.

The following FAQ goes into the email issue troubleshooting and correction:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ved-or-sending
    See step 5 of the referenced link to specifically see that information.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I missed the link at the bottom. Thought it was part of your signature!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Sorry, I missed the link at the bottom. Thought it was part of your signature!
    Flattered, but no. The only link I have beginning with www.zen-cart.com is locateable by clicking on my username. :)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I activated archiving and I can see that the store owner email notice is being generated.

1) The email address it is being sent to is the same address that is the sender. In other words email_to_address='[email protected]' and email_from_address='[email protected]'
    2) The customer confirmation is also being sent from '[email protected]' and that one gets delivered.
    3) The '[email protected]' is simply a forwarder to my email account which was also the same email address I successfully received the customer confirmation one from. There is no 'spam folder' on the '[email protected]' and I've checked the spam folder on my account that should have received it.

BTW, in case it helps both the client's and my domains are hosted on the same hosting company. I also have another client with a ZenCart on the same hosting company with virtually the exact same settings for the email config and that store works fine.

So where the 'bleep' is it going?? Not sure what else to try.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

i would try 2 things:

1. contact the host to ask them to look at their mail logs to see if they are getting the email. if your logs indicate it's getting sent, then the next step is to check the logs at the receiving end to ensure they are getting delivered.
    2. i would change the admin send-to email to something other than the from email address. i'm not sure it would make a difference but its worth a shot.

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.