Plugin Contributions

Default A few issues with main page layout version 1.5.1

I have a few issues with my site and the person who developed it is too busy to help me. The slideshow images I had were too far to the left. I either need to center them somehow or make them longer.

My main page also appears different in different browsers. For ex. Chrome they are very far to the left. Mozilla Firefox, there is too much border and not enough Main Page.

Also the images below, e.g. 100% satisfaction guaranteed, etc. which are in my Top Banner are too big so I need to make them smaller to make more room for product info.

Finally, Our Partners banner at the bottom is cut off and I don't know how to fix it.
    Here is the site.

http://urbancountrystore.com/index.p...=index&pg=home

Is there anyone that can lend me some guidance on this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few issues with main page layout version 1.5.1

Unfortunately, another example of where "purdy" doesn't work because of code. You have many errors in image presentation. Mostly, you have spaces in the image calls. There are even spaces in the div calls!
    Spaces REALLY confuse the browsers.
    You might want to start with the W3C validator fix the errors then tweak the css where needed.
    Especially the fact that your code does not identify what type of html or language. Browsers like to be told what to do.
    NOTE: Developers' tools inspect feature even gives a 403 error on three images when trying to inspect the page you linked.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks but I guess this needs to be handled by the experts. So do I need to go back to this individual and have them fix it as the initial developer or can I source a developer elsewhere? He has been pretty non responsive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by katgirl72 View Post
    Thanks but I guess this needs to be handled by the experts. So do I need to go back to this individual and have them fix it as the initial developer or can I source a developer elsewhere? He has been pretty non responsive.
    If by experts you mean at least someone other than yourself, because dbltoe did give some initial starting advise, then yes you have your choices. Ideally the individual that did the modifications would be the one to work with, though you could go request someone else (that may have the time to help you) to do the modifications. There is a support forum to specifically ask for assistance. I don't have the link readily available but it is in the main list of forums as found above.

Further ideally, though, is for you to get your hands "dirty" in trying to self resolve, but there is no harm in asking for help. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes of course someone other than myself. I have zero background in website design and very limited time and almost nill inclination to learn a new language, truth be told. When I was pitched the Zencart e-commerce shopping cart, I was told " You won't need to know any coding or website design. It's all done from the Admin interface. However the site is all yours and you can do whatever you want with it."...lol. I will go into the forum and see what I can dig up. Thanks