Plugin Contributions

Default USPS shipping module error response question

I have a few quick questions for you.

Background:
    I want to use FEDEX exclusively for just the 48 continental USA. I do not have an international rates checked on the FEDEX web services module (by numinix).

I want to use USPS for Alaska and Hawaii and all international only and not show anything for the 48 States. I have not checked any domestic rates inside the USPS module (by Ajeh).

Here are the Questions:

1. When a customer has a shipping address in the USA, at checkout, the customer see's an error doing do, the customer sees an error that reads:
    -2147221202 - The element 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'RateClientType, Package'.

Is there a way to not have this error show up anymore?

2. Is there a way to program the USPS module to return on rates for Alaska and Hawaii and International only?

3. Will any of the ways to fix the above issues mess up the functioning of the FEDEX module?

Just a side not:
    I have tried to setup zones and it was a total disaster and luckily I had a database and entire site backup. I never dared to play with it ever again.
    If I am told exactly what to do and where to change things an how to change back if it didn't work, then I'd be a bit more comfortable with it, but I'm not at all comfortable when it comes to anything Zone related.
    Any help in answering these questions would be VERY greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping module error response question

At moment can only help so far down the path of solution, but it looks like with regards to item 1 that perhaps the shipping module is not fully installed correctly. By this I mean that if you have loaded the software for the latest version, then in the process of its installation/removal of previous version that the action to disable/remove the plugin should have been taken and then it reenabled/installed so that you could then select from the shipping package types that you would like to have available.

That process will remove shipping credentials, so be sure to have them available to re-enter before disabling/removing.

2) unfortunately this would most likely require some form of zone usage, whether it needs modification or not is a different story, but effectively what you would do is disable the module for the shipping zone(s) for which no data is desired/needed. That is done within the code for that module and would not affect the operation of other shipping modules.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As for the module, only the international boxes for small flatrate is checked to give a price. There is not any other boxes in the module checked. This is why the error occurs.
    My problem is that I do not want to see the error.

Plugin Contributions

Could you edit the USPS module and turn on the Debug to Log then try a checkout?

Next looks in the /logs and Zip the Shipping debug log and attach it to your post ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Logs as per your request. There are a few of them in the zip.

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Can you check your USPS module in Modules ... Shipping ... and EDIT it?

It looks like you do not have any shipping methods checked for Domestic ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm now lost. As per OP, I only want international rates to be displayed and also Hawaii and Alaska. That is it.

I do not have any DOMESTIC rates checked. Naturally, when a US customer is getting a rate there shouldn't be anything displayed, not an error as per my selection in the module.

I don't want the error to pop up if I don't have any Domestic rates checked. That seems like a bug to me that if you don't have rates checked that it throws an error.

Theoretically, it shouldn't show anything if it isn't checked.

Furthermore, Who can customize this module for the betterment of the community to:
    1. get rid of this error with this module
    2. add a DOMESTIC or INTERNATIONAL "only" radio button
    3. add radio buttons for "Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii"

This would make sense since FEDEX module can do this without having to play with Zones.

I'm willing to donate to anyone what can customize this and make this happen and we can publish this "enhanced" version for the betterment of the community.

Plugin Contributions

You should make a Zone will all countries and add Alaska and Hawaii to it ...

Then, add what you want used for Domestic (Alaska and Hawaii) and for International (All other Countries) and then it will work ...

You can go to this FAQ and add built the Rest of the World then add Alaska and Hawaii:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ne-definitions

Now only International and Alaska and Hawaii will see USPS ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I will for sure attempt this Zone thing once again.

The last time I attempted this I needed to restore my database as I totally corrupted it.

As for my suggestion to modifying the module, is it possible to have these options in the EDIT menu of the module and GUI without having to touch zones or it that impossible?

Plugin Contributions

You want the Zone so only allow some to see the USPS shipping module and you need the shipping methods enabled or you cannot get a quote from USPS ...
    Linda McGrath