Plugin Contributions

Default Customer address state field become drop down during edit while i already turn off

hi all,
    the Customer address state field become pulldown during edit customer account.
    i already turn off the drop down in the configuration, and the original state information is overwritten:

State - Always display as pulldown? false

How can i resolve this issue pls.

version v1.5.5a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer address state field become drop down during edit while i already turn of

This occurs because the applicable country is identified as having zones and therefore entry in the admin screen offers using the pre-identified zones to choose in the state field. If it is desired to not have the dropdown (regardless of the setting for the customer) then modify line 802 of admin/customers.php to read like:
    if ($entry_state_has_zones == true && false) {

Or, if want to follow with the setting described provided there are zones identified for the country:
    if ($entry_state_has_zones == true && ACCOUNT_STATE_DRAW_INITIAL_DROPDOWN) {

Although, perhaps the "missing" zones should just be added to the zones table?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer address state field become drop down during edit while i already turn of

thanks for the help, admin.

now the pulldown does not appear and state field value remains but it stuck at the State field and cannot save although state field already has a value.

Plugin Contributions

hi admin, the pulldown also appear at the front end page once we click update button. Which php to edit?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chlow View Post
    thanks for the help, admin.

now the pulldown does not appear and state field value remains but it stuck at the State field and cannot save although state field already has a value.
    Yeah I missed the fact that there is a check for an error just a few lines above. Because the entry to a country doesn't match a zone within the country that has zones, this is considered an error and no further edits are permitted. Need to look further up in the code to remove the assignment of true to $error for that condition.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks admin, i know where to change and already resolve for the admin customer.php. But can you pls point me where to change for the front end page where customer edit page also the same, it is displaying the pulldown.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like may be able to make a similar change in the create_account.php module file. Suggestion is to copy includes/modules/create_account.php to:
    includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE such that YOUR_TEMPLATE is the foldername that represents your template.

Then search for similar code that was modified on the admin side.

Now realize also that by doing this that it will complicate your ability to apply taxes and various shipping filters to specific areas since they won't be tied to a specific "state" zone. You'll have to rely on the larger "country" group as the basis.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Looks like may be able to make a similar change in the create_account.php module file. Suggestion is to copy includes/modules/create_account.php to:
    includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE such that YOUR_TEMPLATE is the foldername that represents your template.

Then search for similar code that was modified on the admin side.

Now realize also that by doing this that it will complicate your ability to apply taxes and various shipping filters to specific areas since they won't be tied to a specific "state" zone. You'll have to rely on the larger "country" group as the basis.
    Thanks for the guide, admin. I will see what need to be done. TQVM