Plugin Contributions

Default Product URL link not working

Hi All,

I am very new to Zen cart. My employer has website

www.veroboard.com

Recently, the product page stopped showing product information in fact a "Page Not Found" is been show.
    Click on the link under http://www.veroboard.com/veroboard-size-2-x5, and click on any product takes to "Page Not Found".
    I observed that

Link has changed from http://www.veroboard.com/phenolic-pr...perfboard-4-x6 (which works even now) to
    http://www.veroboard.com/Product_inf...perfboard-4-x6 (Which show Page now found).

A text Product_info is added inside URL. How do I revert this change and make sure it works again.

Regards
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product URL link not working

you are using a URL re-writer. either your template is either constructing those URLs incorrectly, or the URL rewriter was installed incorrectly.

i'm not sure which URL rewriter you are using (CEON??), but i bet if you turned it off, links would start working. if so, i would then examine where your template is constructing those links to see what the problem might be. or alternatively uyou could run the site without URL rewriting...

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    you are using a URL re-writer. either your template is either constructing those URLs incorrectly, or the URL rewriter was installed incorrectly.

i'm not sure which URL rewriter you are using (CEON??), but i bet if you turned it off, links would start working. if so, i would then examine where your template is constructing those links to see what the problem might be. or alternatively uyou could run the site without URL rewriting...

good luck!
    Thanks carlwhat.

I disabled SEO by going to Config->Simple SEO URL's. The site has the same issue. Is there anything else I need to do for disabling SEO?

Regards
    CK

Plugin Contributions

ck,
    it does not look like you are using ultimate URLs, and by disabling them, it looks like nothing has changed on your site.

that said, i think i have found your problem. your links are creating something like:

http://www.veroboard.com/Product_inf...perfboard-3-x4

when the P in Product_info should be lower case. so that this link works fine:

http://www.veroboard.com/product_inf...perfboard-3-x4

there is still some sort of URL rewriting going on; but if you can get the link creator to make that lower case p; or the link interpreter to correctly parse Product_info (as well as product_info), i think you would be fine...

there should be another configuration setting somewhere for this URL rewriter that is still at work. i know Ultimate URLS, and i have not seen those at work on your site at all...

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    ck,
    it does not look like you are using ultimate URLs, and by disabling them, it looks like nothing has changed on your site.

that said, i think i have found your problem. your links are creating something like:

http://www.veroboard.com/Product_inf...perfboard-3-x4

when the P in Product_info should be lower case. so that this link works fine:

http://www.veroboard.com/product_inf...perfboard-3-x4

there is still some sort of URL rewriting going on; but if you can get the link creator to make that lower case p; or the link interpreter to correctly parse Product_info (as well as product_info), i think you would be fine...

there should be another configuration setting somewhere for this URL rewriter that is still at work. i know Ultimate URLS, and i have not seen those at work on your site at all...

good luck!
    carlwhat,

I think this website has Simple SEO URL's which might be the basic version of SEO. How would I proceed on this? Should I setup dev environment and start debugging or should I navigate to all the settings at Admin level?

Thanks for answering. Meanwhile, I will also do some G search on URL rewriting.

Thanks
    CK

Plugin Contributions

If you are going to stay with Simple SEO URI rewriter and want to resolve the problem(s), yes doing so in a development environment would be suggested. SSU is probably the least recommended URI rewriter if one is going to be used as it creates numerous error log files other issues and hasn't been very well supported from the point of inception. I have seen some other businesses "advertise" it's use, but have found that there are other better URI rewriters than that one (again, assuming that you choose to continue using one).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If you are going to stay with Simple SEO URI rewriter and want to resolve the problem(s), yes doing so in a development environment would be suggested. SSU is probably the least recommended URI rewriter if one is going to be used as it creates numerous error log files other issues and hasn't been very well supported from the point of inception. I have seen some other businesses "advertise" it's use, but have found that there are other better URI rewriters than that one (again, assuming that you choose to continue using one).
    Thanks mc12345678. I will setup the dev environment and post the updates in the thread...