Plugin Contributions

Default Disorganized admin view in Google Chrome?

My client is seeing a jumbled layout when visiting Zen Cart v1.5.5a admin screen. This is what she sees: http://www.e-kahuna.com/images/Admin_Issues.pdf

It seems as if the navigation bar is not displaying properly.

Her system is running:
    Browser: Chrome
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Screen Resolution: 1680x1050

When I tested in Google Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 my view was perfectly fine. I also see the admin properly in: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Don't know if this matters, but I just upgraded this site from v1.5.1 and in the old version I did modify the admin panel layout to match the front end colors. This user is using the same URL as the old admin. So is it possible she is somehow seeing an older version of cache for the admin panels stylesheet, causing this to jumble? Again I see it just fine, so I am assuming all my overwrite admin files took care of the new layout properly. Just can't figure out why her view is so jumbled and she is the one who checks this daily.
    Last edited by sports guy; 17 Sep 2016 at 01:47 AM.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disorganized admin view in Google Chrome?

For some reason your client is not loading the admin stylesheet. I can emulate the exact same view in firefox with the Web Developer addon by tuning off all css styles.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

That's what I was thinking. But if I can see it properly in my browsers then the new stylesheet for the new admin must exist.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's a cache issue, you could use Incognito mode or another browser on her computer to double-check whether it's isolated to that.
    You could also clear the browser's cache and cookies.
    You could also use CTRL+R and/or F5 to tell the browser to refresh its assets.

If it doesn't affect *all* admin pages, then perhaps there are some glitches in some file merging you did as part of your upgrade? Some browsers will try to guess at fixing certain HTML errors, which occasionally explains why some browsers are less affected by some issues.

You could also (from her computer) look for browser errors and/or javascript console errors inside the browser using the Web Developer Tools it offers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When she is in chrome, have her hit F12, which will open the developer tools, then click on the console tab in the developer tools, and hit ctrl-F5 to reload the page. The console will spit out errors in page load like being unable to parse the stylesheet or even load it. I normally only see stuff like this when the site has been recently moved to a new server, and the site has been wiped on the old server but the browser keeps trying to reach out to the old server for the asset and can not find it.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

The hard refresh tips worked for the client. The page is now loading properly. Thank you both for your help!