Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default upgrade to v1.5.5a 'categories'and 'products' not showing in admin

I have just created a fresh install of v1.5.5a in a folder in an existing website as part of an upgrade - all is ok except in admin 'categories' and hence products do not show. I imported DB from existing v1.5.1 database and all tables are in the new database for the new v1.5.5a DB - all seems ok, all categories and products are in the DB.

Additionally from admin I cannot get to 'shopfront' using the tab - it returns a 403 error however I can get to storefront by typing in url directly in browser www.treeoflife.net.au/store albeit it is not reflecting the installed selected template (Responsive Sheffield Blue)

(also added IH4, Google Analytics, Zen Lightbox, CSS/JS Loader and Ultimate URLS - I don't see that any of these would have an effect on the problem.)

Looking forward to assistance please.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrade to v1.5.5a 'categories'and 'products' not showing in admin

First suggestion would be to verify that both the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files point to the same fileset and database (and DB_PREFIX matches the DB_PREFIX from the old site) and both of those point to your 1.5.5a arrangement. Next in configuration->sessions that the path points to your new/current path. Then if there is an .htaccess file in your store's root that the contents don't affect your new temporary upgrade site (post contents as necessary being sure to obscure things like admin directory as necessary).
    As to the category leading to product display/navigation issue, want to be sure that product have a master_category_id set to something other than 0, that categories that are to be sub-categories of another, relate to each other properly. And that in products_to_categories that product are listed for their master category as well as any linked category(ies).

Lastly though perhaps first. Did you run the zc_install against the new database?

Last edited by DrByte; 21 Sep 2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: clarified db-prefix
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

i hardly think all is ok. this works:

http://treeoflife.net.au/store/

this does not:

http://treeoflife.net.au/store/index.php

i think your configure.php files are possibly both wrong.

both of those should return the same result.

once you get to that place, i think the rest will fall into place....

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    First suggestion would be to verify that both the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files point to the same fileset and database (and DB_PREFIX matches the DB_PREFIX from the old site) and both of those point to your 1.5.5a arrangement. Next in configuration->sessions that the path points to your new/current path. Then if there is an .htaccess file in your store's root that the contents don't affect your new temporary upgrade site (post contents as necessary being sure to obscure things like admin directory as necessary).
    As to the category leading to product display/navigation issue, want to be sure that product have a master_category_id set to something other than 0, that categories that are to be sub-categories of another, relate to each other properly. And that in products_to_categories that product are listed for their master category as well as any linked category(ies).

Lastly though perhaps first. Did you run the zc_install against the new database?

Hi MC - in attempting to re-run ZC_INSTALL I get a 'clean install' page with no options showing for 'Data Base Upgrade Only' as has been the case in previous versions set up ??

System Inspection
    TIP: For some errors and warnings below, more information may be available by clicking on the error/warning title.
    An existing configure.php file was found. However your database seems to be current. This suggests you are on a live site. Proceeding with Install will wipe out the current database contents! Are you sure you want to install?
    No errors or warnings were detected on your system. You may continue with the installation. CLEAN INSTALL.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Carl - both configure.php files seem to be OK and are consistent with each other - neither were altered from the original install - the only thing I would possibly alter is placing 'www.' in front of the url's however that is subjective I suppose.

If there was an error in 'both' files where would that error be to be causing both issues, which element?

in the case of http://treeoflife.net.au/store/index.php resulting in a 403 could that be an index.php issue rather than a configure.php issue? - if so what do I look for in that file?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

hey mike,
    you have some problem with regards to serving up pages. first off, i would turn off Ultimate URLs. get the site working without re-writing URLs prior to enabling URL re-writing.

with URL re-writing off (i suppose i missed that earlier), both of those links should point to the same place. the home page is just going through the index.php script as far as executing the code that is contained in it. if they BOTH do not do the same thing, that represents some sort of configuration problem. and more likely something on the host side as opposed to the configure.php as the home page works. and hopefully something your hosting compnay can help you with.

that said, turning off ultimate URLs may completely address the problem. not sure how i missed that.... maybe i did not have enough coffee. if so, we can then attempt to address what that URL rewriter is doing.

mike, please note that i am trying to help with regards to why none of your links work. your db upgrade is completely separate from this process.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi MC - in attempting to re-run ZC_INSTALL I get a 'clean install' page with no options showing for 'Data Base Upgrade Only' as has been the case in previous versions set up ??

System Inspection
    TIP: For some errors and warnings below, more information may be available by clicking on the error/warning title.
    An existing configure.php file was found. However your database seems to be current. This suggests you are on a live site. Proceeding with Install will wipe out the current database contents! Are you sure you want to install?
    No errors or warnings were detected on your system. You may continue with the installation. CLEAN INSTALL.

cheers, Mike
    First suggestion would be to verify that both the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files point to the same fileset and database (and DB_PREFIX matches the DB_PREFIX from the old site) and both of those point to your 1.5.5a arrangement.
    both configure.php files seem correct (unchanged since install) and have identical fileset and database info.

Next in configuration->sessions that the path points to your new/current path. Then if there is an .htaccess file in your store's root that the contents don't affect your new temporary upgrade site (post contents as necessary being sure to obscure things like admin directory as necessary).
    configuration->sessions point to /temp - there is a .htaccess file however it is attributed specifically to the plugin Ultimate URLS and has url redirect files - funny thing is that this .htaccess file has been loaded but I cannot see it in the root?

For clarification here is how I built the 1.5.5a folder;
    1. fresh install of 1.5.5a into a new folder
    2. uploaded images from existing site
    3. installed plugins used on existing site - IH4, Google Analytics, Zen Lightbox, CSS/JS Loader and Ultimate URLS
    4. imported existing site saved database into new 1.5.5a database

Q - could php version be an issue? do I need to contact my isp? what version is required for 1.5.5a?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

mike,
    i've gone off my policy.... i need to go back onto my policy which is i do not help people that use templates by Picaflor Azul. my own personal thing...

last tips:
    - this is most likely NOT a problem with your PHP version.
    - this is almost certainly a problem with Ultimate URLs or an apache configuration
    - it looks like you have turned off Ultimate URLs, you now need to remove the .htaccess file associated with it.

i would try removing that .htaccess file and see what happens.

good luck going forward.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    mike,
    i've gone off my policy.... i need to go back onto my policy which is i do not help people that use templates by Picaflor Azul. my own personal thing...

last tips:
    - this is most likely NOT a problem with your PHP version.
    - this is almost certainly a problem with Ultimate URLs or an apache configuration
    - it looks like you have turned off Ultimate URLs, you now need to remove the .htaccess file associated with it.

i would try removing that .htaccess file and see what happens.

good luck going forward.
    I have found and deleted the .htaccess file associated with Ultimate URLS - however no difference so I have sent a distress call to my host - hopefully they come up with something.

Appreciate your help mate.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

the issue of the url was due to permissions set for the folder was 777 - changed to 755 and all is good.

the database issue still remains.

cheers,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast