Plugin Contributions

help question Text Input Fields on Registration Page Too Narrow - Please help

I recently noticed a problem where all the text input fields on the logon / registration page are really narrow. Everything looks normal in tpl_modules_create_account.php. What could be the problem?

Check out what I mean here-
    https://sxsheadquarters.com/?main_page=login

Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Text Input Fields on Registration Page Too Narrow - Please help

Where did you get the template?

Plugin Contributions

It's this one, "Electronics" template. Although I believe I originally downloaded it from here zen-cart.com But I could not find it there. Just found it on the web-

http://www.12leaves.com/electronics-...plate-set.html

Plugin Contributions

Its called "Electronics" by 12leaves. Although I originally downloaded it from this site I could not find it in downloads today.

Plugin Contributions

I also tried switching to different templates and it showed the same problem with narrow input fields - so it looks like its something in core files or maybe something wrong with php compatibility on server? I'm pretty clueless.

Plugin Contributions

Not php version related.

It has more to do with css generally speaking, though javascript could be used to modify the look of things.

When you say you switched to different templates, which ones? We're any the classic template(s)? What version of ZC?

Did any of the 12leaves template overwrite files in the includes/templates/template_default directory? Or did you push any files to the directory between now and when the site last looked "correct"?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not php version related.

It has more to do with css generally speaking, though javascript could be used to modify the look of things.

When you say you switched to different templates, which ones? We're any the classic template(s)? What version of ZC?

Did any of the 12leaves template overwrite files in the includes/templates/template_default directory? Or did you push any files to the directory between now and when the site last looked "correct"?
    I tried one of the classic / built in templates and same problem.

ZC version 1.3.9h

I'm not sure if the 12leaves template overwrote anything that was in the template_default directory, but for several years it's been working just fine without this issue, and only thing that's been done to the site recently that I can think of is moving to a different server. The web host assures me it's not related to that but I don't know what else to think.

running on Linux 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 server with php version 7.0.4 (zend: 3.0.0) if any of that matters.

Appreciate any further info!

Plugin Contributions

hello look for and change customers lastname ',' first customers lastname ',' 40 'or the width you want is in
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_address_book_details.php

Of course you also have to change the other boxes

Search with Developers Tool Kit
    Giovanni,
    Zen Cart V1.5.8 + templates ZCA Bootstrap Template

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diamond1 View Post
    hello look for and change customers lastname ',' first customers lastname ',' 40 'or the width you want is in
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_address_book_details.php

Of course you also have to change the other boxes

Search with Developers Tool Kit
    All the code looked as it should, then I re downloaded zencart 1.3.9h and copied over everything in the template_default directory over writing all of the files I had, and it still is broken.

So this is really not making sense, with all the files in template_default being back to original assuming they were ever changed, and also the fact that the problem still shows no matter what other template i switch to.

So it's apparently nothing in the code of the original default template directory and nothing that had changed in my custom template. I don't know what to think.