Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive Template shows 3 columns for some but only 2 columns for others

Hello - newly installed responsive template is showing just 2 columns instead of 3 for me on desktop (Windows 10) and tablet using 3 different browsers, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. site is www.treeoflife.net.au/store/

Some respondents in the thread below are seeing 3 columns and some 2 columns (desktop) - anyone have any ideas why this would be happening and how to resolve it?

refer this thread for specifics https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....=1#post1319177

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Template shows 3 columns for some but only 2 columns for others

Desktop: screenwidth 1600 or less: 2 columns
    Desktop: screenwidth 1601 or greater: 3 columns
    Same behavior: FireFox or Chrome
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Template shows 3 columns for some but only 2 columns for others

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Desktop: screenwidth 1600 or less: 2 columns
    Desktop: screenwidth 1601 or greater: 3 columns
    Same behavior: FireFox or Chrome
    thanks for your response RixStix - I have 3 desktops all with large monitors, the one I am using at present has Windows 10, the monitors on each are large flatscreen and all have a maximum resolution of 1600 - all of them show this site www.treeoflife.net.au/store/ with only 2 columns. I have 6 sites in total, all v1.5.1 using a responsive template and all are showing 3 columns OK. This one in question is in an upgrade test folder, upgrade to v1.5.5a, with Sheffield Blue Responsive template. So I am wondering what else other than screen resolution could be the culprit - versions of all 3 browsers (Firefox, Edge and Chrome) are current versions.

I struggle with why screen resolution effects one responsive template and not another given they are all based on the same platform.

What else could it be?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Don't know what to tell you. My desktop monitor #1 is 1920px wide and #2 is 1600 wide. Are you saying that the issue is not being caused by the browser width detection?
    The template demo shows that same functionality @ 1600px and 1601px. Other template demos show 3 column functionality down to 1200px.

Since the demo is like that, my assumption that the functionality is by design. I am sure an edit can be made in one of the responsive files to narrow the 3 column functionality to a different/lower px width.

I remember having to edit a file to increase the responsive width. I just searched the files for the number and made edits back and forth until I found the one that worked.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Don't know what to tell you. My desktop monitor #1 is 1920px wide and #2 is 1600 wide. Are you saying that the issue is not being caused by the browser width detection?
    The template demo shows that same functionality @ 1600px and 1601px. Other template demos show 3 column functionality down to 1200px.

Since the demo is like that, my assumption that the functionality is by design. I am sure an edit can be made in one of the responsive files to narrow the 3 column functionality to a different/lower px width.

I remember having to edit a file to increase the responsive width. I just searched the files for the number and made edits back and forth until I found the one that worked.
    I have reloaded the template but no joy - I reverted to the 'Classic Responsive' template built into ZC and there was no issue - so it has to be either the template or more likely the template compatibility with v1.5.5a - unfortunately not getting any response in the support forum by the template maker.

Many thanks for all your help Rick - I hope I get a resolution (pun intended) soon as I want to upgrade all the other sites.

cheers,
    Mike