Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Page in Admin

Hi All,

I have had Numinix upgrade my site from version V154 to V155A and it works in the development site quite well. When they made it live I was missing data on the front end which was corrected but still no Admin just a blank Page.

They suggested that we update the server to PHP version 5.6 which has been done and still have a blank page in admin.

The test site outdoorking.com/dev works correctly both front and rear ends (on the same server).

If anyone can guide me as to what I should be looking for I would appreciate it as this hole update procedure has been going on since August this year with them.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Page in Admin

Ultimately it should be Numinix to fix what they broke, but a white page usually means a debug file is created in the logs folder of your store.
    Please post the contents of the latest debug file (minus any sensitive data like admin folder name). And we might be able to help you further.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the last entry I could find in the logs folder:

[29-Sep-2016 04:56:03 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&zenid=6790c303b955c59ae2f0d62bf6872407, IP address: 52.3.127.144
    #1 require(/home/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php) called at [/home/public_html/includes/templates/andover_modern/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php:331]
    #2 require(/home/public_html/includes/templates/andover_modern/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php) called at [/home/public_html/includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/main_template_vars.php:79]
    #3 require(/home/public_html/includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/main_template_vars.php) called at [/home/public_html/includes/templates/andover_modern/common/tpl_main_page.php:97]
    #4 require(/home/public_html/includes/templates/andover_modern/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/public_html/index.php:97]

[29-Sep-2016 04:56:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php on line 132

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm. That one is from the front side, and is "only" a warning. I forgot to say that admin debug files have the word admin in their name.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know what they have done because the development site is working ok and then I said to them that it was ok to go live but leave a copy of the test site so that we can test any other updates before making them live in the future.

Once the site went live I have no access to the admin area just a white / blank page.

I can get into the admin on the development site (still) which is running V155A without any issues.

Plugin Contributions

If you are getting a blank screen, there should be an error log generated...

Look for any files in the log folder that look like "myDEBUGadm[/B]-XXXXXXXXXXX"

unless it is just cache issue or a problem with file permissions.

Plugin Contributions

They sorted out the problem with the blank page but now I am back to the beginning where I paid for stuff to be corrected and what was done no longer works. I am getting very annoyed with what is happening with them. They like to charge but when something goes wrong they get upset with the client.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1952 View Post
    They sorted out the problem with the blank page but now I am back to the beginning where I paid for stuff to be corrected and what was done no longer works. I am getting very annoyed with what is happening with them. They like to charge but when something goes wrong they get upset with the client.
    Hi Bruce,

Your website had many preexisting errors that are unrelated to the Zen cart upgrade. Your original files can be found in the /oldZc/ subdirectory. For some reason your admin doesn't create error logs so we had to debug the code without any access to your Apache error logs since you weren't able to provide those for us.

I agree, your website needs a lot of bug fixes and you'll definitely need to get a programmer to resolve them. Unfortunately our flat rate upgrade service doesn't include fixing existing bugs in your code. It's not really fair to expect us to resolve all issues with your website for a fixed fee. We never agreed on or promised such a thing.

Plugin Contributions

a curious tale...

i agree that a flat rate upgrade should not include additional bug fixes. but, why was the code working "fine" on the development server and then "broke" when it got transferred to the live server? or perhaps that statement is not quite accurate.... can the development server create adm error logs?

without access to apache logs, debugging can be quite difficult.... and time consuming....

i would first focus on why you are not getting admin debug errors. i have found that if PHP does not allow for ini_set to be allowed, you will not get ZC debug logs. but you have a debug log from the store side, so we can safely rule that out.

i would compare your version of:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php

to the ZC v155a version.

they should be the same.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.