Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Authorize.net module stopped working on September 11 2016

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    A few posts back I gave you this link:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks
    ... which in one of its steps has a link to: https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....Obscure_Issues
    ... in which the two most popular tools, WinMerge and Beyond Compare are listed.
    But if you want even more, see: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Tools
    Thank you. All the files have been compared and it was confirmed by my hosting company that the site was not hacked. The hosting company ran a test transaction and it went through with no issue. They stated that it is most likely a problem with my browser and that I should be using a private or incognito browser window (no cookies or cache).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AvaAdorn View Post
    Thank you. All the files have been compared and it was confirmed by my hosting company that the site was not hacked. The hosting company ran a test transaction and it went through with no issue. They stated that it is most likely a problem with my browser and that I should be using a private or incognito browser window (no cookies or cache).
    ava,
    while it's great that your hosting company is offering you some help, i'm skeptical about their solution.

assume you are a customer coming to your site to buy something. should YOUR customers be using a private or incognito window in order that they buy something? do you plan on adding that into your store policies? it makes no sense to me....

now, i am NOT saying that your site got hacked. you say authorize.net stopped working on 9/11. perhaps that was the first day you noticed it? i'm not really sure... the ONE thing that i am sure about is that just prior to sending data to authorize.net, your order object has a total that when you add the subtotal, the shipping total, the shipping tax, and the regular tax, those amounts do NOT add up to the order total. and that is the root of your problem the way that i see it...

now ZC calculates the order total in all kinds of places, and some times i have found the order totals do NOT match up. and that is a problem that needs to get fixed from within ZC... perhaps you installed another plugin, i do not know. again, MY OPINION is that those numbers should add up prior to sending to authorize. or the order total needs to be correct, or rather than sending the order total, you can send the sum of all of the other items.... plenty of ways to skin a cat...

perhaps some one else can chime in....

in any event, i think it would behoove you to upgrade to the latest version.

best.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    ava,
    while it's great that your hosting company is offering you some help, i'm skeptical about their solution.

assume you are a customer coming to your site to buy something. should YOUR customers be using a private or incognito window in order that they buy something? do you plan on adding that into your store policies? it makes no sense to me....

in any event, i think it would behoove you to upgrade to the latest version.

best.
    Yes, I agree with you. It should work with all browsers, with all cookies/cache, etc. But I did not change anything to the site since September and did not add any new plugins. So I don't know how any files could have been changed if they were not hacked. Perhaps there is a way to change the code to send the order total to Authorize.net. I do know that it always did that before. Perhaps someone can point me to the point in the file that sums the parts of the order.

I know I need to upgrade to the latest version but that is going to take me months if not a year! I have hundreds of products and a lot of plugins. And right before the holiday shopping season is not the best time to convert. Is there a conversion tool to help? My products have attributes so that makes converting a little more tricky since that was a plugin.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps someone can point me to the point in the file that sums the parts of the order.
    Dozens of files work together to do that. Everything in /includes/classes, /includes/modules, /includes/functions, /includes/init_includes, includes/auto_loaders, and more.

Consider this: if nothing was changed in the files, then why did it suddenly stop working?

You said "All the files have been compared", but didn't say what you compared "against". Sounds like it wasn't against "original Zen Cart files". And then you later said you have "a lot of plugins". Did you compare against originals of all of those?
    If you compared against a previous backup, it's possible that that backup had already been compromised.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The hosting company ran a test transaction and it went through with no issue.
    You said that your hosting company did a successful purchase on your site.
    And yet you seem to believe things are still broken.

Perhaps this has nothing to do with the payment module, but something else entirely.

So, perhaps it's important to dig into what exactly was different between the orders that worked vs the orders that didn't. Was it their address? Was it which products they bought? with attributes/without? which attributes? Was it their browser? Was it the time of day? Was it a customer with special privileges (eg, discount pricing as an example) vs not? Items on sale/special vs not?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ava,
    when you followed the hosting company's advice, did authorize start working?

you have previously stated that paypal works fine. when i look at the paypal code, they are also using the $order->info['total'] amount. so i have no idea why paypal would work when authorize.net is saying you can not authorize for $0.

something does not make much sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12