Plugin Contributions

Default Unique Issue with CSS That I need Help With

Ok, I have used Zencart for years on a very simple website for selling automotive aftermarket parts targeting the Ford Raptor SVT pickup market. While the site has worked well for me, I wanted to diversify and recently had the opportunity to purchase a company that owned two websites. www.gotexhaust.com and www.truckmods.com. My zen cart website was built and run off of a sub domain of my company domain www.freedommotorsports.us. The idea was to one day build a website for the main domain to diversify my offerings and expand beyond the Raptor market. However, I was able to purchase the two other websites at such a discounted cost that I simply bought those, kept Got Exhaust as is and converted truck mods website over to being my new Freedom Motorsports online store.

That being said, as soon as I pointed the name servers for www.freedommotorsports.us so that the domain worked with the new website, of course, the old sub domain website no longer functioned. Since I needed a new domain name to keep that particular store open while I make changes I need to make for my loyal following from the Raptor community, I purchased the domain name www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com. I popinted the name servers to the old sub domain and set it up so that it should function as it was before. I transferred my SSL certificate for www.freedommotorsports.us to the new host and purchased a new SSL cert for the new www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com.

Here is where I am running into an issue where I finally need help from the members here. While according to my hosting company www.hostmonster.com I have everything for the domain www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com set up properly to run off of the sub domain directory and everything looks right to them, the CSS information and functionality for the website is not working properly. I need to know where to look or what to look for that could be causing this. The website design and everything worked fine before the changes, with no issues for over two years. It was very very stable in it's previous form. Can someone please fill me in on what could possibly be causing the lack of template design functionality? Where I can look to make adjustments that need to be made?

Any and all comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Chris Kelley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unique Issue with CSS That I need Help With

i would start with your includes/configure.php and YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

i think both of those files still are have your sub-domain listed as the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the site being operated on your new really long domain name appears to have the incorrect information in the includes/configure.php file for HTTP_SERVER... it's pointing to: https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us which when a link is clicked takes one to a nowhere site. This is also likely a bit of a mix up compared to your ssl certificate which would add to the trouble if it weren't a problem with the first part.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Outstanding, thank you both, I will go in there now and make those changes. I really appreciate the help!

Plugin Contributions

That did the trick guys, the site is back up and running again. Thanks again for the timely responses and helpful information!

Plugin Contributions

BTW, and not trying to make things overly confusing but if you are truly going to run your site always with https: then would recommend arranging to have http: redirected to https:. Otherwise glad that your site(s) are back up and running. Can't say I quite follow the whole tail chase thing with the various Web addresses, but whatever works for your business...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The site I had issues with was one I built to cater to For Raptors specifically for Freedom Motorsports and while it did really well there for a while, the bottom dropped out of sales of a lot of things for Raptors in general. Being a limited production niche I expected that. So I was going to build a new main store for Freedom Motorsports. Money there was the issue since I don't have time any longer to do my own site maintenance etc and proper ecommerce website design isn't cheap. SO, along comes a friend with two websites for sale at a price that was about 10% of what I had been quoted to build just one so I jumped at the opportunity. So now I have the Freedom main store I wanted so I could diversify my offerings, another website that is already established with a great reputation. The main reason for the longer URL for the old store is to keep it up and running while I take the time to build a Raptor specific section into the new Freedom store. The old store will come down as soon as I have the Raptor section of the new store finished. I added SSL to the temporary store just to make sure that folks' browsers didn't divert them away for security reasons.

Thanks for the heads up on the HTTPS, I need to get that done for the other two stores so that I give my site visitors that warm and fuzzy safe feeling before they order something.