Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive Sheffield Blue - how to remove menu items?

*I posted this in the Responsive Blue thread but got no replies so posting again in the hope of getting an answer*

Sorry if this has been asked before - I've searched and searched and can't find anything on it. This template looks great but I'm finding it unbelievably hard to work with!

How can I completely remove the footer menu? I've gone to Admin -> Tools -> Flexible Footer Menu, but it only lets me rearrange things. I can't see any way to just remove anything - menu items or the whole footer menu.

How do I remove links in the header? Eg. I don't want the 'Information' dropdown but I can't figure out how to get rid of it (apart from editing a file - cant' remember which one - and completely messing it up!) I presume there's something in the admin that allows me to do this stuff??

And one last thing - I want the 'About Us' header menu item to just go to define_about_us.php - I don't want a dropdown of text / images. Just a simple link to the page.

Thanks! I've been going around in circles trying to figure this out for a few days now, and I feel like I'm just banging my head off the wall at this stage.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue - how to remove menu items?

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhantom View Post
    *I posted this in the Responsive Blue thread but got no replies so posting again in the hope of getting an answer*

Sorry if this has been asked before - I've searched and searched and can't find anything on it. This template looks great but I'm finding it unbelievably hard to work with!

How can I completely remove the footer menu? I've gone to Admin -> Tools -> Flexible Footer Menu, but it only lets me rearrange things. I can't see any way to just remove anything - menu items or the whole footer menu.

How do I remove links in the header? Eg. I don't want the 'Information' dropdown but I can't figure out how to get rid of it (apart from editing a file - cant' remember which one - and completely messing it up!) I presume there's something in the admin that allows me to do this stuff??

And one last thing - I want the 'About Us' header menu item to just go to define_about_us.php - I don't want a dropdown of text / images. Just a simple link to the page.

Thanks! I've been going around in circles trying to figure this out for a few days now, and I feel like I'm just banging my head off the wall at this stage.
    If you just want to remove links or add to the footer menu you can do this in admin--tools--flexible footer menu. Just click on the red dot to hide anything, after you click on the link there is a option to delete it.

Edit the header menu in includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue - how to remove menu items?

Hi Anne,

Only saw your reply now, many thanks for that. I've removed the footer menu items, and have removed the header links that I don't want.

However how do I find out what FILENAME_ABOUT_US or HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES or any of the other codes refer to? If I wanted to create a new link, how would I know what code to use?

WP.