Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get to 1.5.4WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

hello,
    I used godaddy VPS with cPanel,centoOS 6.7,
    I installed zen cart 1.54,http://shop-abc.com/,
    the phpinfo file is http://shop-abc.com/2.php
    I can't get to vist admin of 1.54,
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    I look my log file:
    myDEBUG-adm-1476121377-944591.log
    ASCII text, with very long lines
    [10-Oct-2016 12:42:57 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT column 'logmessage' can't have a default value :: ALTER TABLE zc_admin_activity_log ADD COLUMN logmessage mediumtext NOT NULL default '' ==> (as called by) /home/shopabc/public_html/r1j6ez0lqv0ku0rd/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogWriterDatabase.php on line 90 <== in /home/shopabc/public_html/includes/classes/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get to 1.5.4WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try aga

I install zen cart 1.55a with another domain on the same vps,
    can visit normally,the link is http://www.handbags-mall.com/8mxcw6wxywcmft0d/ and http://www.handbags-mall.com
    why surpport zen cart 1.55a ?can't surpport zen cart 1.54
    I compare Mysql for them:
    Zen Cart v1.5.0 to v1.5.4 expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.5 ... and may work with MariaDB 10.1
    Zen Cart v1.5.5 expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.7, and also works with MariaDB 10.1
    VPS server Version:5.6.33
    Name:  mysql.png
Views: 544
Size:  2.6 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get to 1.5.4WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try aga

could be a mod you installed but have you looked at http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by andybags View Post
    I can't get to vist admin of 1.54,
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    I look my log file:
    myDEBUG-adm-1476121377-944591.log
    ASCII text, with very long lines
    [10-Oct-2016 12:42:57 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: 1101:BLOB/TEXT column 'logmessage' can't have a default value :: ALTER TABLE zc_admin_activity_log ADD COLUMN logmessage mediumtext NOT NULL default '' ==> (as called by) /home/shopabc/public_html/r1j6ez0lqv0ku0rd/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogWriterDatabase.php on line 90 <== in /home/shopabc/public_html/includes/classes/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155
    That's a bug in v1.5.4.

Use v1.5.5 instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's a bug in v1.5.4.

Use v1.5.5 instead.
    how to fix the bug in v1.5.4?I'd like to use V1.5.4,thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Using v1.5.4 is a bad idea. It's no longer supported.

Here's a SMALL list of several bugs that v1.5.5 fixed: Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.5.4 ... there are hundreds of additional improvements in v1.5.5

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thank you very much!I had a software for V1.54,it didn't support V1.55,thank you again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A smarter solution would be to upgrade your other software to be compatible with v1.5.5 ...

Plugin Contributions

thank you!I will try to do