Plugin Contributions

bug "Contact Us" isn’t redirecting properly after clean install

I installed v1.5.5 using the Godaddy installer. I checked the Storefront with the demo content (before making any changes) and I found that the Contact Us page would not load.

Link to version v1.5.5 w/o update
    http://www.sawhite.biz/ecommerce/

I installed the v1.5.5a update successfully and switched to the Responsive Classic Template. Without making any other changes, I checked the storefront again and got the same error message when clicking on Contact Us.

Link to version v1.5.5a

http://www.sawhite.biz/ecommerce02/

The page isn’t redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
    Error messages occur in other browsers, too.

Tech support at Godaddy tried several times to install it for me and they got the same response. My current PHP version is 5.6

There aren't any plugins on either of the links, but in some of my failed attempts I had trouble installing ckeditor. The first time I installed it worked, but after reinstalling Zen Cart because of the Contact issue, I had problems with it. It would be listed in Configuration> My Store, but when selected it would not load.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Contact Us" isn’t redirecting properly after clean install

Auto-Installers are not recommended for MANY reasons. And, GoneDaddy is doing some strange things with servers of late.
    You would be better served to follow the directions at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading for your upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

The problem existed before the upgrade. I am considering a manual installation. It's just been a long time since I've done it that way and it's a lot of work. I guess in the long run it's less work than finding the bug (assuming I do it correctly). Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. I have been spoiled by the Auto-Installers.

Plugin Contributions

Your answer indicates that you did not read the link. If you will, you will find that it will not be as much work as you think.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Both of your sites have yet another problem. Click on the Login link, and you'll see that the create-account section can't display the Country dropdown because of a database error. That suggests halfway upgrades (ie: PHP updated but not the db, or sometimes vice-versa), or plugins installed that have changed the normal functionality and changed expected responses from the database. http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

Since both stores appear to be blank, my guess is that starting over is a good place to begin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I did a manual installation and everything seems to be working. I guess I will blame the Auto-Installers although I hate to do so. They made life easier. Now, hopefully my plugins won't give me any new headaches. I only use a few and they worked fine before.

Oh, and note to dbltoe: I did read everything on the link you provided. My eyeballs even fell out and rolled across the floor, but luckily I have a retriever. Your comment about the Godaddy Auto-Installer was helpful, though. It motivated me to do the manual install. Thanks! Also thanks to DrByte. Your contributions on this forum are more helpful than I can express.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, someone else recently had the same countries missing issue with the godaddy auto-installer. It's unfortunate, but one of those things that happens with them and trying to make things easier, they missed out on one or the other entire sql files (latin1 or utf8) as part of their installer. No telling exactly what else they missed out on or modified, but no worries now that you have the official version in place. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...