Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express - Orders going through, in db but not in orders or in customers accoun

This is a weird one that I've never seen before. On one of my sites (all of them are set up exactly the same but separate databases and url) any way, on one site when someone uses PayPal, I get the order email, payment is in PayPal and when I go to the admin, it shows on the front page BUT if you click on the order it's not showing up there. Also, it's not showing in the customers account. I looked at the database and it shows there. It shows in all the reports.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express - Orders going through, in db but not in orders or in customers ac

If you look at that order in the database, I suspect its order_status value is not set to one that matches an entry in the orders_status table.
    ... and that's likely because you recently deleted the order-status value that the paypal module was set to use.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express - Orders going through, in db but not in orders or in customers ac

How can i fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you look at that order in the database, I suspect its order_status value is not set to one that matches an entry in the orders_status table.
    ... and that's likely because you recently deleted the order-status value that the paypal module was set to use.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You didn't confirm your findings, so I"m not sure if you're asking how to fix bad data, or asking in theory how to fix a still-not-diagnosed symptom.

If you have an order whose status is wrong because your payment module is giving it the wrong status upon payment, you need to first fix the payment module's settings by choosing a valid status.

And then to fix the orders that have been set incorrectly, you can use the admin order search to find the order and then update its status just like you would update it when marking it as shipped, etc.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The orders are using a valid order status so I'm not sure where to go from here. The orders are showing on the main admin screen (index) but if I click on one, there's no order showing there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Please provide a detailed list of all the changes in all the admin files, which make your admin folder contents different from original Zen Cart files.

Plugin Contributions

I fixed it. Re did the database fields. Thank you for your assistance

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Please provide a detailed list of all the changes in all the admin files, which make your admin folder contents different from original Zen Cart files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samisoaps View Post
    I fixed it. Re did the database fields. Thank you for your assistance
    Can you be more specific? What exactly did you have to "fix"? and why?