Plugin Contributions

Default Email Error: SMTP connect() failed

When I try and send an email from admin I get this. ERROR: Failed sending email to: "Christine Angell" with subject: "test" SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMail...roubleshooting and the persons. Below is a picture of my email settings. Also, I have tried to email a designer from the store front and they never got the email I can't understand why it has stopped working all of a sudden. Any help would be nice and appreciated.

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  47.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP connect() failed

"SMTP connect() failed" means that your Zen Cart server was not able to connect to the "SMTP Email Mail Host" server that you set in your mail Email Options screen.
    That could be because the "chimal.uk2.net" address is no longer correct.
    It could be that they've changed it to no longer work on port 465.
    It could be that your hosting company is disabling port 465 for outbound server connections.
    It could be that your hosting company has recently changed the software on your server.
    These are "some" of the typical causes of it "suddenly" stopping when it was working fine previously.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP connect() failed

I got back onto my hosting provider and they gave me a PHP file to help me send emails from Zencart store which I thought was nice of them. I have tested it out on a different email server that they gave me and everything is working fine again.