Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Brain dead with genres

First question is related to other information that the system can provide:
    Is there a debug.txt file in your list of files when looking at the EP4 tools window? (would be under the full upload section).
    What if any error logs are in your logs directory (myDebug?) again, these will be admin error logs.

File permissions: typically files are 644 not 755, such settings of 755 can cause issues depending on the host/server.

If/when you use a plain text editor to look at the contents of the csv file (don't edit anything) do you see quoted fields separated by a comma or by some other character? Someone once experienced an issue where the fields were separated by a semi-colon for some unexplained reason, they changed hosts in the end of things and problems were resolved.

How many products are you talking about in that file? Maybe export a category (using the dropdowns at the top) as an initial test to eliminate other factors. Also, try to do the test without transferring the file from/to the server. Ie. Export, then import. Can export, download and review, then just import the file still on the server.

If many rows/products, may need to split the file at a smaller number. Also, may want to increase processing time both for EP4 (configuration) and for ZC (configuration my store I think it is). Default is 60, but I've on occasion increased this to 600 for testing super large files.

Next thing to consider is the character set information for your site, but haven't seen this type of stall because of something like that.

On another note, you mentioned unique products_id, so am I correct to assume that you are using blank_new as the primary key?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Here is an export I just made using this software of default ZC store data: Hardware->Graphics Cards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    I'm also attaching a small data file for you to have a look.. thx
    I haven't tried to upload it yet, but looking at it, wondering if there are characters that need to be escaped as part of the upload. Was thinking like the ampersands, any additional quoted content, etc...

Plugin Contributions

Don't worry... the csv file I sent you only has the first 4 or 5 lines of inventory. I've been using EP 1.5x for the past two years with this file, exporting it in & out of Open Office. I tried putting the ~ character in empty fields for laughs but no difference. I've been using CHMOD 755 all along and have not had any issues (yet).

The log directory shows several files with this error: [26-Oct-2016 20:22:02] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method zcObserverLogEventListener::update() in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 58

There is no debug.txt file

Hmm.. I just looked in my tools directory and still see the ep 1.5x version I was using before. I assumed it was uninstalled when I upgraded to ep4. I clicked on it and it is still operating. Is there a possible conflict ? Should I uninstall them both and start over ? If yes, I can see the link to uninstall ep4 but see nothing for the version I have (1.5x)

Plugin Contributions

Ah ha!!! Either your system, or the plugin is missing at least one important "compatibility" file.

See a few years back, ZC added a particular logging feature to further PCI compliance. Another developer created a few "dummy" files so that if code is written to support the newer ZC version(s) that it might have a chance of also running against the older versions without jumping through too many hoops. That particular error message eludes to the absence of either the expected core code or the "dummy" file/code.

Please verify for me that the plugin includes the following two files and also that one or the other is missing from your system.

admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.zc154_compatibility.php
    admin/includes/init_includes/init_zc154_compatibility.php

My guess is that at least the first file is missing on your system. I'm going to take a look also, but would like confirmation.

The files are also available from github/one of the older versions of EP4 that are compatible with ZC 1.5.4 if they are missing from the current distribution.

As to compatibility, as far as I know, they should both be able to coexist, but I've been wrong before.

Plugin Contributions

Just checked both files are in their respective folders. It looks like the 1.5x version is still working properly. It is using a different folder (tempEP) for import/export and seems to be functioning fine. Do you think EP4 might be trying to use a setting from the previous version ?

Plugin Contributions

Just checked both files are in their respective folders. It looks like the 1.5x version is still working properly. It is using a different folder (tempEP) for import/export and seems to be functioning fine. Do you think EP4 might be trying to use a setting from the previous version ?
    So, I did a little more digging into the error message that is received. It appears that it is being caused by an attempt to access an observer (file typically located in either or both of includes/classes/observers or admin/includes/classes/observers) that is declared to which to listen for, but has no corresponding action to be taken.

I'm not in a position at the moment to identify all of the $zco_notifier->notify actions in the import process to 100% validate that all notifiers begin with EP4_, but I thought that I had been consistent with that and therefore would wonder what other program/files are using that/those and not properly handling them or what other program has modified the includes/classes/class.base.php or how it modified that file or yet still anything that would be loaded in advance of that line or within that loop to cause that error.

So, the question to resolution goes back to what else is installed/how is the store modified from a base install?

I know openly of only one other plugin/modification that has been considered a part or to use EP4 which is related to the product type bookx. Depending on at what point during the further development of that add-on the files were installed there may have been an included listener that did not have an accompanying update function.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I tried a few more things this morning. I completely uninstalled the old version 1.5x and then reinstalled EP4. Still the same issue. At this point, I think it's just beating a dead horse. The good news is that my database now shows the genre field so if I have to go in and update them one at a time, so be it. One last thought.... I have already modified the spreadsheet file to show all of the genres. How difficult would it be to import lets say a csv file with a couple of colums: product_model and music_genre directly into the sql file ?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I tried a few more things this morning. I completely uninstalled the old version 1.5x and then reinstalled EP4. Still the same issue. At this point, I think it's just beating a dead horse. The good news is that my database now shows the genre field so if I have to go in and update them one at a time, so be it. One last thought.... I have already modified the spreadsheet file to show all of the genres. How difficult would it be to import lets say a csv file with a couple of colums: product_model and music_genre directly into the sql file ?
    May seem like a dead horse to you, but if there is a problem with the software not only can it be corrected, but it should be.

As to direct matches to the database, would require more work because EP4 simplifies the process down to something human readable rather than a series of this_id and that_id by combining data from different tables.

Further, the csv generated by EP4 is different than the one of other EP variants which if used could cause issues with the recipient database.

There is a plugin that may provide additional information in a newly generated error log, though not entirely sure if it will or not: mydebug backtrace

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I guess I shouldn't give up so easily. I thought maybe the template (responsive all business) might be an issue so I set it back to default... no change. My add-on modules are: image check, image handler, sitemap xml, and I re-loaded easypopulate 1.5x so I could continue to move files. As I say, I'm pretty confident I don't have an issue with my csv file. I just did a full-file download and uploaded it through EP 1.5x no problem. Could an incorrectly configured .htaccess file cause this kind of issue ? What about the sql patch.... I see an install_sql file in my directory and am fairly certain it's for EP 1.5x.... cannot find one for EP4 but my question is how to check if the sql was setup correctly. I'll continue to experiment...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast