Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Brain dead with genres

ok, I've sent a copy of an error I received last night.

You are absolutely correct. When I re-started the website a few weeks ago, I tried updating to the latest version and couldn't get some of my plug-in's to work. Rather than deal with it, I just reinstalled my 1.51 and everything worked fine. I assumed my 1.51 files had overwritten all of the 1.55 files but apparently not ?

Plugin Contributions

Can you please delete the error message I just sent you ? I forgot to remove my admin directory name!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    Can you please delete the error message I just sent you ? I forgot to remove my admin directory name!
    I have no control of that. Would need to write to the admins. Could flag the post and it may get removed, but anyone on distribution of this forum thread has received it. Best suggestion is to change the admin folder name which with ZC 1.5.1 I thought meant touching the admin/includes/configure.php (been a spell. :)) but even if not, if you have any special htaccess rules they may need to be modified if they include reference to your admin directory.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ok, I've sent a copy of an error I received last night.

You are absolutely correct. When I re-started the website a few weeks ago, I tried updating to the latest version and couldn't get some of my plug-in's to work. Rather than deal with it, I just reinstalled my 1.51 and everything worked fine. I assumed my 1.51 files had overwritten all of the 1.55 files but apparently not ?
    Where the files existed in ZC 1.5.1, yes, they got overwritten, but in this case, new files. No replacement. Best way to do such a restore is to use a new directory and move the directory/files of the problem area away and the new into place. But that's a different discussion.

Plugin Contributions

[27-Oct-2016 23:55:58] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 396
    [27-Oct-2016 23:55:58] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 396
    I've removed the specific admin directory reference, but what this appears to imply is that the file did not fully get uploaded (this time). I state that because of the unexpected $end and "missing" characters that followed. Further because I haven't touched that function and it has worked for various users of EP4 for a long time already and would suspect that if system still supports ZC 1.5.1 that would continue functioning with the existing code.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so it sounds like you are saying that even though there may be some residue 1.55a files in my directories, they probably are not being called by the 1.5 version I reinstalled.... so we're still at the same place? If yes, I do have some earlier back-up's of my 1.5 and am wondering if this might be a viable solution:

Use file manager to remove all files in admin and includes directories. Upload all of the files from the previous backup. I'm fairly certain that backup would include the 1.5 version of EasyPopulate so I would then upgrade to EP4. If I do have any corrupt or partially complete files, this might be a good way to go..... let me know if you agree & I'll give it a shot

And thx for removing the admin directory on that message!
    Last edited by mrcastle; 28 Oct 2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

It is one of many ways to remove excess files. In regards to them not being called, that is not entirely true. They are accessed by the system to the extent that they are in the load path and/or as called upon by other code. In this case EP4 tries to log a record of making a change to the database. There is a way to move forward as is with EP4 (really just a patch to the larger problem), also could restore to an earlier fileset that doesn't include the aborted upgrade, or could use comparison software to identify what files exist in your 1.5.1 fileset that don't exist in a default 1.5.1 fileset and evaluate which of those to remove. Of course there are combinations of that.

Regardless, make a backup now of what you have (files that is at least) so that at least the files can be known to be able to be restored to the current set incase some other problem occurs...

Yes, removing the existing files (that are known will be in the restoration fileset) and restore is a method that can work. Again, need to be sure that not deleting files that can't be restored.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I finally got time to delete the admin and includes directory and then reinstall my data files from a couple of weeks ago. I then upgraded to EP4 and was able to download/upload files. Just did a 3000 item upload with changes on the genre. So either I had a corrupted file or one of the residue 1.5a files was causing chaos. Whatever the case, I'm really happy this problem has been resolved. Can't thank you enough for sticking with me through it all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345