Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Brain dead with genres

Hi. The table names may also need a prefix depending on what was done during setup. Be sure the table names in the query (e.g. product_music_extra and products) are correct for your installed tables.

For example if your installed tables are prefixed with zc_ then change the statements to...

UPDATE zc_products SET products_type = 2;
    insert into zc_product_music_extra (products_id)
    select products_id
    from zc_products where products_type = 2 and products_id not in (
    select products_id
    from zc_product_music_extra);

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    Do you know sql & if so can you help me with this patch? It won't work because it's incomplete. My zc_product_music_extra category id is 3139 and I'm not quite sure what else I need to add or how to do it.

UPDATE products SET products_type = 2;
    insert into product_music_extra (products_id)
    select products_id
    from products where products_type = 2 and products_id not in (
    select products_id
    from product_music_extra);

Thanks for any help you can give...

Plugin Contributions

Do you know sql & if so can you help me with this patch? It won't work because it's incomplete. My zc_product_music_extra category id is 3139 and I'm not quite sure what else I need to add or how to do it.

UPDATE products SET products_type = 2;
    insert into product_music_extra (products_id)
    select products_id
    from products where products_type = 2 and products_id not in (
    select products_id
    from product_music_extra);

Thanks for any help you can give...
    I didn't make note of the error but the problem is my total lack of knowledge. I'm not sure what to do. All I know is how to get into myphp and click on my database. I remember clicking the sql button and trying the script and getting an error it couldn't run the script. I'm guessing either I was not highlighting the correct file or perhaps there was something I needed to enter in the script that related to my database. Well, at least I always make backups.
    So almost every part of that post is helpful/useful and I'll explain why below. Understand the frustration, but perhaps the further assistance can abate that.

Quote Originally Posted by jsteggy View Post
    Hi. The table names may also need a prefix depending on what was done during setup. Be sure the table names in the query (e.g. product_music_extra and products) are correct for your installed tables.

For example if your installed tables are prefixed with zc_ then change the statements to...

UPDATE zc_products SET products_type = 2;
    insert into zc_product_music_extra (products_id)
    select products_id
    from zc_products where products_type = 2 and products_id not in (
    select products_id
    from zc_product_music_extra);
    Yes, table prefixes count when using phpmyadmin. But if you have access to your admin side you can use the sql patch install tool and disregard the prefix. As to the sql, generally speaking it looks good, like I said the first query (update query) affects all product, not just the ones in your category. The next thing of question in order to help and perform the query one time is to identify if all of the product in that category are only assigned in/to that category. Ie. Is the products_master_category this 3139 category_id for all product in that category or are the product assigned to other categories and just linked to this one?

If the products_master_category is all the same and in that category, then you would modify the update query to have a where clause:
    Code:
    update products set products_type=2 where products_master_category=3139;
    If there are linked product, then could use the products_to_categories table results to do a similar query, it just becomes a little more complex, because using a second table.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

OK!!!! This time it worked.... so cool! Now to figure how to update my genre category. If I use easypopulate do I just add a column named music_genre_id ? This is confusing because I know it's part of the product_music_extra part of the database. Thanks again

btw... I think inserting the "zc_" label in front of the categories may have made the difference.
    Last edited by mrcastle; 25 Oct 2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

OK!!!! This time it worked.... so cool! Now to figure how to update my genre category. If I use easypopulate do I just add a column named music_genre_id ? This is confusing because I know it's part of the product_music_extra part of the database. Thanks again

btw... I think inserting the "zc_" label in front of the categories may have made the difference.
    Again, not sure which variant of Easypopulate you are using, but if you use EasyPopulate V4, then goto the configuration menu, verify that Enable Products Music Data is set to 1 (true), then you should see in the export of your existing product the fields associated with music genre/product... If you want to modify the metatags, then there there is an option for that as well, but you should see the following additional fields:
    Code:
    v_artists_name
    v_artists_image
    v_artists_url_1
    v_record_company_name
    v_record_company_image
    v_record_company_url_1
    v_music_genre_name
    Therefore there is no "ID" to enter, just be sure to use the same text for information that you expect to group together. For example, Rock is different than rock and will be treated as a different genre.

Because that information is not specifically in the products table, adding that field would likely not produce any usable results unless you have something that added that field to the products table. EP4 was written a few years back with consideration of this part, but I recommend that you use version 4.0.36 or higher because in editing to support ZC 1.5.4 back in January of 2015, an error was accidentally introduced that wasn't pointed out until a few months ago. Well actually the results of the error were pointed out, the error was independently identified and realized. Not a proud moment, but carry on anyways.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got it. I just downloaded EP 4 and hopefully it won't be a tricky upgrade from EP CSV. I'll read all the install files before taking it on. Thx again for everything... I am one happy camper.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got it. I just downloaded EP 4 and hopefully it won't be a tricky upgrade from EP CSV. I'll read all the install files before taking it on. Thx again for everything... I am one happy camper.
    I don't think that I've ever been able to use any other variant of EasyPopulate, but can say from the instructions that there is a bit of a difference in category handling (category, sub-cat, sub-sub-cat are in one field with a divider from left to right of the carat ^) and it handles multiple languages so things like v_products_description_1 is the description for the product in the language that is identified as language 1 (see the upper right hand corner of the EP4 Tools screen for language numbers).

Let me know how it goes remember backup and test on a demo site. :)

Plugin Contributions

Great instructions.. enabling music products in the ep menu is something I would have missed. Everything is installed and the cvs file now shows the new fields. No doubt this post will help others who also incorrectly setup their products file. I still have to update 3000+ pieces of inventory but doing it on a spreadsheet is a heck of a lot easier than one at a time!

Plugin Contributions

Great instructions.. enabling music products in the ep menu is something I would have missed. Everything is installed and the cvs file now shows the new fields. No doubt this post will help others who also incorrectly setup their products file. I still have to update 3000+ pieces of inventory but doing it on a spreadsheet is a heck of a lot easier than one at a time!
    Important side note before you go too far down the data entry process, does each of your products have a unique products_model entered? If not, may I suggest re-exporting after you have modified the configuration menu again with the primary key set to either blank_new or products_id? Or simply adding products_id to the user identified field?

If a store already has product, but not a unique id as "considered" by EP4, then the data file needs a way to link back to something ZC unique (products_id). Such a matchup could occur later, but it would be aggrivating to discover it then rather than work with it now.

Plugin Contributions

Well, everything looked good but on first import I ran into a blank screen, like it was unable to execute easypopulate4.php The only thing that has changed on my csv file are the additional 4 columns for genre. To troubleshoot, I went to EP4 & exported my products into a csv file. No problem. Then I tried to re-upload that same file using the upload button .. no problem. Then tried to import that file using the import button and got the blank screen. So exporting my products and uploading them is no problem... I double-checked my permissions, all at 755. I have a temp folder inside my admin folder and am using the htaccess file that was provided in the htaccess4AdminTempFolder. I tried re-uploading all of the EP4 files again in case something was corrupted but same error. My inventory has unique product_id for each item. So I'm fairly confident my csv file is fine but I have no idea what to try next. Thx

Plugin Contributions

I'm also attaching a small data file for you to have a look.. thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast