Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Brain dead with genres

It's not a sql issue as the error line identified has to do with observers. Which goes back to the two directories I identified (typically).

As to the sql install, it is included in the admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php file and is all about making the options available in the configuration menu. There is also a file that provides the tools option menu.

All such menu options include some variation of easypopulate_4 as part of the configuration_key so as to minimize the likelihood of clashing with another plugin.

So what files do you have in your includes/classes/observers and admin/includes/classes/observers directories?

Would also be further easier to identify the issue if the plugin described above is installed and if it provides more information than just the error in the base class file.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    Ok, I tried a few more things this morning. I completely uninstalled the old version 1.5x and then reinstalled EP4. Still the same issue. At this point, I think it's just beating a dead horse. The good news is that my database now shows the genre field so if I have to go in and update them one at a time, so be it. One last thought.... I have already modified the spreadsheet file to show all of the genres. How difficult would it be to import lets say a csv file with a couple of colums: product_model and music_genre directly into the sql file ?
    Just to revisit this from a different perspective, EP4 can/should be able to handle such a compressed version of the file. Went through a lot of work to try to make it possible. I think I made it into the music genre section with that simplification as there was a lot to go through.

Plugin Contributions

Ok the includes/classes/observers folder contains 1)class.products_viewed_counter.php & 2)index.html

There is not an admin/includes/classes/observers folder

I just installed the debug program you listed. I don't see it in the configuration or tools folders...am not sure how it is executed.

Plugin Contributions

Ok the includes/classes/observers folder contains 1)class.products_viewed_counter.php & 2)index.html

There is not an admin/includes/classes/observers folder

I just installed the debug program you listed. I don't see it in the configuration or tools folders...am not sure how it is executed.
    There is no "enable" feature, if merged with your existing fileset, then when the error is generated, the resulting log may have more useful information.

Attempt to import a file again using EP4 (be sure it is something you are okay with importing or have a backup of your database available in case a restore is necessary).

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I'm not clear where that debug file should be. I looked in my logs folder and I'm getting the same error: [27-Oct-2016 18:09:47] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method zcObserverLogEventListener::update() in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 58

Is there another folder that I should be looking at for the debug text ?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, you asked about modifying files. I have modified a few but most of them are in my template directories. I don't know if my template files could cause that kind of an error but since I tried switching back to the default template & had the same error, I'm guessing they aren't part of this problem. I also made minor changes (mostly text) to some zen-cart files like header.php, configure.php, additional_images.php & meta_tags.php. I went in and changed those files back to their original state but the problem is the same. I've tried doing several imports but cannot figure out where the heck the debug files are. As soon as you can let me know where to find them I'll send them to you.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, you asked about modifying files. I have modified a few but most of them are in my template directories. I don't know if my template files could cause that kind of an error but since I tried switching back to the default template & had the same error, I'm guessing they aren't part of this problem. I also made minor changes (mostly text) to some zen-cart files like header.php, configure.php, additional_images.php & meta_tags.php. I went in and changed those files back to their original state but the problem is the same. I've tried doing several imports but cannot figure out where the heck the debug files are. As soon as you can let me know where to find them I'll send them to you.
    Don't worry... the csv file I sent you only has the first 4 or 5 lines of inventory. I've been using EP 1.5x for the past two years with this file, exporting it in & out of Open Office. I tried putting the ~ character in empty fields for laughs but no difference. I've been using CHMOD 755 all along and have not had any issues (yet).

The log directory shows several files with this error: [26-Oct-2016 20:22:02] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method zcObserverLogEventListener::update() in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 58

There is no debug.txt file

Hmm.. I just looked in my tools directory and still see the ep 1.5x version I was using before. I assumed it was uninstalled when I upgraded to ep4. I clicked on it and it is still operating. Is there a possible conflict ? Should I uninstall them both and start over ? If yes, I can see the link to uninstall ep4 but see nothing for the version I have (1.5x)
    Sorry, been trying to think about this problem and a way to figure it out. Here goes with at least some error detection.

In includes/classes/class.base.php
    At line 58, which has this in it from what I pull from github:

Code:
              $obs['obs']->update($this, $eventID, $paramArray);
    Bump that line down one and add the following:

Code:
    if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
    trigger_error('observer identified:##'##.##$eventID##.##"\nthis variable:". print_r($this). "\nLast one is likely the main issue."); 
    }
    The above is untested and is likely to cause several files to be generated/information to be logged, so please apply, try, then either comment out or remove from the code.

The error logs to which I speak currently are the ones in your logs directory. The same that you have been posting. Trying to figure out why this error is occurring as it appears now that I look at it more that the zcObserverLogEventListener is an actual observer that is being triggered and that the system is not cooperating for some reason. I really still don't get how this is/has become an issue. In particular it is affecting the import file/file path only. Have you tried by chance to export/import any other EP4 file type?

Plugin Contributions

I think I may have ferreted it out.

Do you have admin/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php in your path?

Or admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php?

These files were new to ZC 1.5.4 and bank on some changes to other parts of the software being implemented. If you are using ZC 1.5.1 as I have been thinking, then that software is ahead of the time of that version of ZC and would be problematic. Specifically it would cause the type of error that is being seen. There are other related files for the full functionality, but those two seem the most likely culprits.

Please let me know. It would also be interesting to know how those files got there (possible abandoned inplace upgrade?)

Plugin Contributions

Revised the code above as apparently in copy and paste spaces turned into hash marks which would also cause an error. See below revised replacement code.

Sorry, been trying to think about this problem and a way to figure it out. Here goes with at least some error detection.

In includes/classes/class.base.php
    At line 58, which has this in it from what I pull from github:

Code:
              $obs['obs']->update($this, $eventID, $paramArray);
    Bump that line down one and add the following:

Code:
    if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
    trigger_error('observer identified:  ' . $eventID . "\nthis variable:". print_r($this). "\nLast one is likely the main issue."); 
    }
    The above is untested and is likely to cause several files to be generated/information to be logged, so please apply, try, then either comment out or remove from the code.

The error logs to which I speak currently are the ones in your logs directory. The same that you have been posting. Trying to figure out why this error is occurring as it appears now that I look at it more that the zcObserverLogEventListener is an actual observer that is being triggered and that the system is not cooperating for some reason. I really still don't get how this is/has become an issue. In particular it is affecting the import file/file path only. Have you tried by chance to export/import any other EP4 file type?

Plugin Contributions

[27-Oct-2016 23:55:58] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/admin-1475778276/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 396
    [27-Oct-2016 23:55:58] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in /public_html/cheapsongbooks.com/admin-1475778276/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 396

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast