Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Module for Square Up Processing

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    I use Square ... by punching in the credit card info manually which incurs 3.5% + 15¢ instead of the customary 2.75% ...

I for one am sick of the prices PayPal charges
    Which specific prices are you complaining about? PayPal's per-transaction rate is lower than the 3.5% you're paying now.
    I realize this is off-topic, and I'm not looking for a long reply. I only want to know what "PayPal prices" you're referring to. Nothing more.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Greetings and Happy Friday.

Thank you for the reply, I also use Square, Square Market Place and I am aware the Square rates are higher than what I am charged for with PayPal.

My monthly sales going through PayPal far exceed the minimum of $3000.00 month where I receive a reduced rate, I tend to go towards PayPal. However I was looking for the possible option of providing the choice to my buyers on my website.

What I don't like about PayPal is if within 180 from the sale date a buyer states the items is not as described, PayPal will place a hold on the funds in your account and give it back to them. This is regardless if the buyer is lying, has used the item, broken it, sold it to third party, etc.... PayPal does not care if you are only a distributor and not the manufacturer, it does not matter. All the buyer has to do is open a case and claim the item not as described. No recourse for the seller.

That is one of the reasons I am looking to migrate to Square if possible.

According to Square "Square doesn’t provide a shared API or payment gateway for processing payments". Thus only offering integration with Weebly and Bigcommerce.

So basically Square will possibly only listen if enough request for them to work with ZenCart are made.

Kindest Regards,

Plugin Contributions

So how can I contact Square?
    I've been all over their website but it just wants you to sign up.
    I have many zencart websites and no API means I'll stay with First Data and their bs fees.

Plugin Contributions

To my knowledge, Square still does not have any integration for Zen Cart. You can contact them from this link: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

Until a large number of Zen Cart users request that Square get with it, "It ain't gonna happen".

Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a Square payment plugin yet?

Hi,

I've searched the forum but can't find any new posts about accepting Square or Squareup payments through Zen Cart. The developer API is now on their site, but I don't know squat about creating a plugin myself.

Does anyone know if there's a Square payment module or plugin available for Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a Square payment plugin yet?

I'd use it too if it was available. Wish I knew how to make my own plugin lol

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've been working on writing one. If you're willing to help share in the costs of development, send me a Private Message.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Any update on a Square payment module?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, any updates? What are you guys using in the meanwhile?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samisoaps View Post
    I'd use it too if it was available. Wish I knew how to make my own plugin lol

Can you give me a update as I would like to have this plugin too and I don't mind donating

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast