Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not completing properly with PayPal Standard

I've just upgraded from 154 to 155.a and everything seemed to be working.

But a customer just placed an order, and I received payment. However, the order doesn't appear in my admin as "pending"; my customer's name doesn't appear under "new orders"; the stock she purchased was not removed from the inventory; and I received no confirmation email an order had been placed.

I only received the email telling me I was paid, or I would never have known she bought anything.

This is the first order I've received since upgrading.

I've looked all through the admin settings but cannot understand what changed to cause this to happen.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not completing properly

This is not really a bug report, but instead a problem you're having with your site - most likely caused by an improper upgrade. Did you check your logs/ directory for any errors?

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong place. Maybe a mod can move it?

These are the log files, but I don't see anything that seems relevant?

[24-Oct-2016 15:47:22] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=about_us, IP address: 50.16.20.162
    #1 require() called at [/var/www/html/button/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:171]
    #2 require(/var/www/html/button/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/var/www/html/button/index.php:97]

[24-Oct-2016 15:47:22] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/button/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 171

[24-Oct-2016 15:47:22] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in /var/www/html/button/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 171

Plugin Contributions

Payment method(s) installed? What was used? What is the host of the email account? Does email come through for other parts of your site? Contact us, new customer, if you were to place an order?

So many other email related questions to ask. Part of why I'm asking about email is that it had been identified that a problem sending the email could cause a problem with processing the order at final checkout...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I did send myself an email, and received it with no trouble.

I'm using PayPal standard, and did receive the payment notification. But I can't place actually place a test order to make sure everything works.

I haven't tried the "contact us" form since the upgrade, but will do that now.

Plugin Contributions

The contact us form does work just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLady View Post
    I did send myself an email, and received it with no trouble.

I'm using PayPal standard, and did receive the payment notification. But I can't place actually place a test order to make sure everything works.

I haven't tried the "contact us" form since the upgrade, but will do that now.
    Is there a reason not to use PayPal express? If you use your development site you could set your PayPal to testing mode and try transactions that way.

So sounds like at the moment emails go through but there was a missed purchase transaction. There could be something related to the upgrade there, but historically payPal express has been recommended over payPal standard for quite a while now.

There could also have been a problem with server communication I guess. There's some tools in the extras folder that might identify such communication isssues such as with ipn, curl etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I can't use PayPal express because my hosting isn't compliant with PayPal's new rules. I'm working on getting that ironed out. But in the meantime I thought the standard version would work just fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PayPal Standard requires that your store is properly listening to incoming notifications from PayPal to tell your store that a payment was received, and that when your store receives that notification, that it can find the suspended order in its temporary data in order to move the data over as a proper order.

For this all to work, your store has to receive the IPN (Instant Payment Notification), then contact PayPal and confirm that the received data was correct and is valid, and then it will check your store's data to try to move it into a permanent order.
    But, if it can't connect to PayPal properly because of server issues (same ones you said are preventing PayPal Express Checkout), then it won't be able to confirm the order.

You need to get your hosting company to modernize their servers. PayPal has been pushing this topic for 2 years (along with all the other payment services) so there's no good reason for hosting companies to be lagging, and certainly no reason for them to be "surprised".
    If your hosting company isn't reliable, you may need to find one that is.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLady View Post
    I can't use PayPal express because my hosting isn't compliant with PayPal's new rules. I'm working on getting that ironed out. But in the meantime I thought the standard version would work just fine.
    Would you mind explaining exactly what is not compliant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast