Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 155a update installation couldn't see update button

Right now I'm running 150 version doesn't have responsive function. I try to update to 155a but when I doing install only can see "install" button doesn't see update option there.
    WHo can tell me how to do it? What things I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 155a update installation couldn't see update button

Take a look at the following link. There's a little more to an update than clicking a button.

https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

It is possible that if you have updated particular database tables and/or fields that the install/upgrade process doesn't consider the database as needing updating. This is not typically an issue, but there are some that try to do their update in a very particular way (not identified by the thread provided above) and that method can cause the update code in one aspect to consider the database as already updated but then in operation as if it still needs updating.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Take a look at the following link. There's a little more to an update than clicking a button.

I do have read this one, but when I try to install with configure files get a note that already have, only clean install button in there,still doesn't have update option come out.
    I'm trying it in local wamp , it is difference than real Web server?
    Or you can show me little details about table update or import?
    Thanks very much for quickly reply.
    Hope you're can help me find what is wrong.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The Update button only appears when the database specified in your /includes/configure.php file is found to contain a previous version of Zen Cart.

Sounds like you've specified a new database (that you haven't imported a copy of your old data into) or you imported data but used a different DB_PREFIX so all the tables have a different name and therefore can't be read to detect upgrading. That's why the upgrade instructions tell you to use the same DB_PREFIX when setting up the database so that when you import data things will match up.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

I do read this and follow itas step:
    Follow these steps:

1. Put your live shop down for maintenance (Admin->Configuration->Website Maintenance->first option, turn it on)
    2. Backup your live database for safekeeping http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ith-phpmyadmin
    It's also wise to backup all your existing php files/folders, images, etc … everything in your hosting account.
    3. Replace all the Zen Cart php files/folders/images/everything in your live store with the new files (except the configure.php files which usually stay the same)
    Be sure to also delete any files that don't belong anymore.
    4. Upload all the files for the zc_install folder, and run zc_install/index.php and choose database-upgrade
    5.Re-do any admin settings and SQL changes, new addons/modules, etc relevant to the new setup.
    Refer to the list of notes you took while you did any additional customizing in your temporary site

but not working, doesn't see any update button there.
    I put except the configure.php files there only asking me clean install?

Plugin Contributions

last time I asking you about database dump too big size sql file I couldn't do it.
    right now I found it is email archive table too big reach 162.8M, so this time I just not include that table dump it sql file only 10M, I can restore it now.
    before I install I already restore the all table to the database I using to install V155a, should already has old all table there.
    I don't understand why update can not detect it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The Update button only appears when the database specified in your /includes/configure.php file is found to contain a previous version of Zen Cart.

Sounds like you've specified a new database (that you haven't imported a copy of your old data into) or you imported data but used a different DB_PREFIX so all the tables have a different name and therefore can't be read to detect upgrading. That's why the upgrade instructions tell you to use the same DB_PREFIX when setting up the database so that when you import data things will match up.
    I have a question about update detect, import my sql file should can do any way doesn't matter database is new or old right?

Plugin Contributions

Default I try to new installation has problem

I try to new installation has problem
    on screen to connect my database but the database server has being change to other one.
    my one is 76.xx.xxx.xx but install make it as database name'@'98.130.2.65
    who know what is wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I try to new installation has problem

I found problem now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast