Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 155a update installation couldn't see update button

I try on real website make test folder there same thing I got.
    No upgrade button come out.

Plugin Contributions

Also admin page and store front page all empt nothing there.

Plugin Contributions

Somehow your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files are not reaching the data that represents your live/previous site. There are a number of reasons that could be the case. In order for anyone to provide more direct assistance, a more thorough explanation of the current conditions is necessary. Number of tables in your database, the DB_PREFIX value in both of the configure.php files, what is an example table name, repeat the process for your live site that should still be operational, anything else that could help identify exactly what has and has not been done in the upgrade/rebuild.

Comes down to: If your store can't find the database tables, the install can't find the database tables to offer an upgrade option.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Somehow your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files are not reaching the data that represents your live/previous site. There are a number of reasons that could be the case. In order for anyone to provide more direct assistance, a more thorough explanation of the current conditions is necessary. Number of tables in your database, the DB_PREFIX value in both of the configure.php files, what is an example table name, repeat the process for your live site that should still be operational, anything else that could help identify exactly what has and has not been done in the upgrade/rebuild.

Comes down to: If your store can't find the database tables, the install can't find the database tables to offer an upgrade option.
    Can I asking is that new installation should copy living store configure.php to the new one? the installation just can know database old version there? or I should installation in same folder with live store?
    Thanks for your reply

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Take a look at the following link. There's a little more to an update than clicking a button.

https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading
    Quote Originally Posted by diytools View Post
    Can I asking is that new installation should copy living store configure.php to the new one? the installation just can know database old version there? or I should installation in same folder with live store?
    Thanks for your reply
    The process identified in the first posted response is your best bet. We are all trying to help to 1) keep your existing store operational while 2) you upgrade the software, and 3) identify anything that has to be handled specially when you go to do this process on your live site.

So...

Let's take the first couple of steps to get your temporary store up.

Create a database if you don't have a "spare" available.

Now upload your new files into somewhere that is not your live store.

Go through the zc_install process on this new location.

Here's where some things go differently for different people and sometimes I do things one way, sometimes another. For this discussion, let's take it slow and steady. The issue at this point is how much customization do you do now with the default database and how much do you do later with the database coming up. Still probably the most productive and least destructive is to begin installing things that you want to exist on your new store. Template, plugins, etc... I suggest that you don't get too wrapped up in settings of the database quite yet. You can, but any special changes you make now may need to be reperformed when you import a copy of your live database.

Take good notes. Find problems with files. Take more good notes. In what order are you installing things? What did you have to fix? Did you make a backup of whatever you are changing before you change it and then another afterwards?

When you think you have a decent/good looking store or are willing to do the same things to your copy of your live database, then copy your live database to this new database so that the old database replaces the new one. (do not modify the configure.php files to do this). There are many ways to perform this copy. The ZC forum FAQ provides at least one set of instructions to do this.

Now that your new files are accessing a copy of your old database, the software should be indicating that the database needs to be upgraded. Again, you will need to go through the zc_install process and should be offered the upgrade option.

Do whatever is necessary to the new store to get it pretty much back to where it was before this database replacement. The files should not need modification, just the database changes.

If you can get this much done, then basically you are in a position to work at reproducing the same on your live site. If you value your business, you will practice this process a time or two to know that you can do it to your live site and it will go rather quickly. There are a few things to still conquer to do the same thing to your live site, but again, one step at a time, stay in business, and get your site updated.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help, it is very helpful for me.
    I will try your way, I get it first I need doing fresh installation, then import the older data to new database, then doing installation again. right now the installation program will find older data there and give me the option upgrade with live database. then should be OK.
    is that right?
    I will using phpmyadmin to do database import to new database, then install again.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help, it is very helpful for me.
    I will try your way, I get it first I need doing fresh installation, then import the older data to new database, then doing installation again. right now the installation program will find older data there and give me the option upgrade with live database. then should be OK.
    is that right?
    I will using phpmyadmin to do database import to new database, then install again.
    OK is a relative term. You will see your backup of your database in your new store. There is still things to do and be prepared to have to do several actions, but if you can reproduce the database actions say in a single file, then when it is time to do this against your live store, it will be a simple "upload" and off and running.

You will still need to practice/identify how you are going to make it possible for your current live customers see the new files. This part is nearly a completely different topic and there is information in the FAQ on what to do to the ZC files to support this. In fact, you could create a third site/location and consider it your live store. Then do to that third location like you would to update/upgrade/rebuild. Again. This way you leave your live site alone, you learn how to do the upgrade all while still being productive with your live site.

As to the import of the database. Whatever process you use, the goal is for everything (that is "important") to be in the new database, and possibly nothing from the fresh update/install to exist. Again, different people do different ways, there are potential problems no matter what. Identify the process, identify the problems, over come them, move on. :) be consistent. Take a breath, relax a moment, evaluate. Research, ask questions as necessary, research some more. Make mistakes but be able to undo them.

Plugin Contributions

OK is a relative term. You will see your backup of your database in your new store. There is still things to do and be prepared to have to do several actions, but if you can reproduce the database actions say in a single file, then when it is time to do this against your live store, it will be a simple "upload" and off and running.

You will still need to practice/identify how you are going to make it possible for your current live customers see the new files. This part is nearly a completely different topic and there is information in the FAQ on what to do to the ZC files to support this. In fact, you could create a third site/location and consider it your live store. Then do to that third location like you would to update/upgrade/rebuild. Again. This way you leave your live site alone, you learn how to do the upgrade all while still being productive with your live site.

As to the import of the database. Whatever process you use, the goal is for everything (that is "important") to be in the new database, and possibly nothing from the fresh update/install to exist. Again, different people do different ways, there are potential problems no matter what. Identify the process, identify the problems, over come them, move on. :) be consistent. Take a breath, relax a moment, evaluate. Research, ask questions as necessary, research some more. Make mistakes but be able to undo them.
    I just little understand that processors I have to use same database difference username, this way installation programs just can find old data there.is that all right?

Plugin Contributions

I just little understand that processors I have to use same database difference username, this way installation programs just can find old data there.is that all right?
    If you want to make it even possible to do this successfully, use a different database for this development site (new store). If you use the new software to access your live site database you run the risk of taking your store offline when not ready. This is why the first thing I said a couple of posts ago was create a new database...

There are ways to use the same database and to even use the old store's data inside the same database, but right now. Really seems that right now need to learn how to walk before trying to run.

Plugin Contributions

If you want to make it even possible to do this successfully, use a different database for this development site (new store). If you use the new software to access your live site database you run the risk of taking your store offline when not ready. This is why the first thing I said a couple of posts ago was create a new database...

There are ways to use the same database and to even use the old store's data inside the same database, but right now. Really seems that right now need to learn how to walk before trying to run.
    I remember maybe I lose the chance to update, because last time when I dump database the sql file size over 180M, the size too big for restore. So I try to smaller the file size drop a lot table in my live store database. before they have the first table it is address_book, but right now the first table is new_address_book, it is that can hurt update?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast