Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 155a update installation couldn't see update button

Quote Originally Posted by diytools View Post
    I remember maybe I lose the chance to update, because last time when I dump database the sql file size over 180M, the size too big for restore. So I try to smaller the file size drop a lot table in my live store database. before they have the first table it is address_book, but right now the first table is new_address_book, it is that can hurt update?
    Typically when using phpmyadmin, there is more than one way to copy a database to another database on the same server. For starters, you don't want to modify the live database because it could disable your store and again that would defeat the purpose of this whole process.
    One way is to export the database and in that process it is or should be possible to identify which table(s) to include. Another and I apologize for not remembering the exact process, but there is typically an option to copy the database from one to another when you are able to see the list(s) of databases. That option tends to not be limited to the size of the existing database.

Next is to identify what is causing the excessive database size and possibly address that. Also to identify how many tables are present. A typical ZC install has approximately 100 tables. Any multiple of that number indicates the number of "stores" have been attempted to be installed to the database.

The prefix zen_ indicates that at one time or currently an includes/configure.php file had a line similar to:
    Code:
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    If your current live store has something on the right side of that function, then database tables that begin with that "phrase" should be included in your export/copy. If the right side is just two single quotes ('') then tables that do not include a prefix are the ones to be copied and others with a prefix should be ignored.

So as said, even if the database is large it could be exported in parts by selecting the desired table(s) as necessary to keep the file size small enough to transfer. Also, it may be possible to transfer as a zip or gzip file which will compress the overall size.

These are all factors of consideration and working around system constraints. At worst you may have to ask your host to perform the copy as they have the possibility of accessing more of the system.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Typically when using phpmyadmin, there is more than one way to copy a database to another database on the same server. For starters, you don't want to modify the live database because it could disable your store and again that would defeat the purpose of this whole process.
    One way is to export the database and in that process it is or should be possible to identify which table(s) to include. Another and I apologize for not remembering the exact process, but there is typically an option to copy the database from one to another when you are able to see the list(s) of databases. That option tends to not be limited to the size of the existing database.

Next is to identify what is causing the excessive database size and possibly address that. Also to identify how many tables are present. A typical ZC install has approximately 100 tables. Any multiple of that number indicates the number of "stores" have been attempted to be installed to the database.

The prefix zen_ indicates that at one time or currently an includes/configure.php file had a line similar to:
    Code:
    If your current live store has something on the right side of that function, then database tables that begin with that "phrase" should be included in your export/copy. If the right side is just two single quotes ('') then tables that do not include a prefix are the ones to be copied and others with a prefix should be ignored.

So as said, even if the database is large it could be exported in parts by selecting the desired table(s) as necessary to keep the file size small enough to transfer. Also, it may be possible to transfer as a zip or gzip file which will compress the overall size.

These are all factors of consideration and working around system constraints. At worst you may have to ask your host to perform the copy as they have the possibility of accessing more of the system.
    thank you very much for this case helping me.
    Now I almost get how to do it. At least I can one by one to import table to new database.
    At my live site I'm using all business template nothing on right side there.
    As you side I will try diffence way to do it. I believe I will do it.
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Code:

One more help maybe you can tell me. witch table will using for indicates older database by installation program? I think it is not only one, also it is not all of them. It should have couple table when install program connect will read it, then it doing difference actions. If this right, may I have that table name list? this way maybe it is fast way to update button come out for me.
    Thanks for your support.

Plugin Contributions

Code:

I try using import single that way import all of them but still can not see any things on screen. I saw the data in the all of then table but on admin page see Categories still show me 0. I don't know why?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diytools View Post
    I try using import single that way import all of them but still can not see any things on screen. I saw the data in the all of then table but on admin page see Categories still show me 0. I don't know why?
    I missed your post before this about which table(s) are used by the install program to identify that the database needs to be updated. Rest assured that if the full database is loaded from the previous version that the install program will at least identify the need for some form of update, but if there is/will be a problem identifying from which version, then there will be a separate issue to address.

That said, not sure from the above statements of what has been completed, or what remains of copying tables that have the same prefix (described as not having one) from the old to the new location. It is important to also verify that the two configure.php files for the new store reference the same database the same way and that they are both pointing at the database to which you are copying the old tables.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I missed your post before this about which table(s) are used by the install program to identify that the database needs to be updated. Rest assured that if the full database is loaded from the previous version that the install program will at least identify the need for some form of update, but if there is/will be a problem identifying from which version, then there will be a separate issue to address.

That said, not sure from the above statements of what has been completed, or what remains of copying tables that have the same prefix (described as not having one) from the old to the new location. It is important to also verify that the two configure.php files for the new store reference the same database the same way and that they are both pointing at the database to which you are copying the old tables.
    I try to fix the code from follow:
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', ' '); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'john');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'aaronli');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'zencart');

change to:
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'john');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'aaronli');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'zencart');

but I got wrong information:
    ERROR 0071: There appears to be a problem with the database. Maintenance is required.

I continually to try other way

Plugin Contributions

ONLY difference at
    define('DB_PREFIX', ' ')

to:
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'new_ ')

the 'new_' it is my live store DB_PREFIX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123