Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us instead of Checkout

I am not sure which spot to post this question, so I figured I would start in GENERAL.

I tried looking around and searching, but was overwhelmed with the amount of information and did not find anything pertinent to my situation. Not that it isn't there or not, I just could not find it.

I am using Zen-Cart to off load stuff. I have a plethora of stuff and instead of paying for some service (ads and the like) which gives me little control, I opted for an online store on my Mac Mini Server.

The question is: Can I replace/modify the checkout to just give contact information rather than going through the billing/credit card/paypal mode?

In the long run, if all goes well, I will use paypal, but for now, I just want to be contacted and not force the customer to jump through hoops.

When they hit the checkout button, I would like to have their shopping cart automatically emailed to me and a response that we will contact them displayed.

I know it is possible, but rather than redesign the wheel, can it be done through Zen-Cart or is there an add-on or do I need to design the wheel?

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us instead of Checkout

You could set your Zen Cart up as "normal", setting the only payment method to be "Check/Money Order" and simply modify that payment-method's language file by copying /includes/languages/english/payment/moneyorder.php to /includes/languages/english/payment/YOUR_TEMPLATE/moneyorder.php and making your edits in that language-override file.

That way, your customers can shop and checkout as usual and you'll get an email with their requested purchase without any money (initially) changing hands.

Plugin Contributions

This may do what I need.

COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

Thanks
    Last edited by IATIA; 31 Oct 2016 at 05:22 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Well, COWOA did not really do what I wanted and it jacked up my admin menu and login screen.

I found what I wanted, -- Showcase mode with prices -- in the configuration menu.
    Last edited by IATIA; 1 Nov 2016 at 04:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by IATIA View Post
    Well, COWOA did not really do what I wanted and it jacked up my admin menu and login screen.

I found what I wanted, -- Showcase mode with prices -- in the configuration menu.
    Mind identifying which COWOA plugin was attempted? The one that I would consider using didn't include such changes to the admin if I remembered correctly, though there is one or more variants of it out there.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...