Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZipShip - Support Thread

Here's a radical experiment.

1. For pattern matching, I wonder if we can skip using the *'s idea and just assume a "prefix". That is, for M***** just list M, and for L4**** just use L4.

2. In any listed postal code, if you add a "!" at the beginning or end of the code, it will exclude that one. eg: M4B1Y! or !M4B1Y would exclude all M4B1Y* codes.

3. I also added stripping of hyphens ... so in theory this can also work for US zip codes where someone wants to add specificity in zip-plus-four format. (The original code trimmed all zips to the "minimum allowed length" in order to do matching, which kills the ability to do pattern-matching and negation.)

One caveat to note: if a postalcode pattern is present in more than one zone, the "last" non-excluded match will be used for calculating rates. (eg: if it matches in zones 1 and 3, then the rates from zone 3 will apply, ignoring its existence in zone 1).

Here's the updated code which does all this.

Code:
                    $this->dest_zone = false;
                    $this->default_zone = false;
                    // $this->dest_zipcode = substr(strtoupper($order->delivery['postcode']), 0, (int)ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH);
                    $this->dest_zipcode = strtoupper(str_replace([' ', '-'], '', $order->delivery['postcode']));
                    for ($i = 1; $i <= $this->num_zones; $i++) {
                        $current_table = "MODULE_SHIPPING_ZIPSHIP_CODES_$i";
                        if (defined($current_table)) {
                            $zipcode_table = constant($current_table);
                            if ($zipcode_table === '00000') {
                                $this->default_zone = $i;
                            } else {
                                // Read codes from config
                                $zipcodes = explode(',', str_replace([' ', '-'], '', strtoupper($zipcode_table)));

// sort codes, first by alpha, then by reverse-length so we process longest-first
                                usort($zipcodes, function($a, $b){
                                    $a = trim($a, '!');
                                    $b = trim($b, '!');
                                   return strcmp($a, $b);
                                });
                                    $a = trim($a, '!');
                                    $b = trim($b, '!');
                                   return (strlen($a) < strlen($b)) ? 1 : -1;
                                });

// Check for exclusion patterns defined with a starting or ending ! symbol
                                foreach($zipcodes as $check_against) {
                                    if ($check_against === '!' || strpos($check_against, '!') === false) continue; // if no ! skip checking this iteration
                                    if (strpos($this->dest_zipcode, trim($check_against, '!')) === 0) { // strip ! to do matching

// If exclusion detected, use "continue" to end this foreach and skip the next one as well
                                        continue 2;
                                    }
                                }

// Pass if the supplied code matches a defined prefix pattern
                                    if (strpos($check_against, '!') !== false) continue;
                                    if (strpos($this->dest_zipcode, $check_against) === 0) {
                                        $this->dest_zone = $i;

// If a match is found, end this foreach
                                        break;
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    if ($this->dest_zone === false && $this->default_zone === false) {
                        $this->enabled = false;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

public function quote($method = '')
    Last edited by DrByte; 15 Dec 2020 at 10:21 PM. Reason: updated usort to be called twice; better PHP 8.0 compatibility

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You are the "Sensei". I will give it a whirl tomorrow and let you know.

Cheers!!!

Plugin Contributions

Preliminary tests look great ... thanks! I am trying to add more zones by changing $this->num_zones = 3; but nothing happens.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by allmart View Post
    Preliminary tests look great ... thanks! I am trying to add more zones by changing $this->num_zones = 3; but nothing happens.
    To change the number of zones, you'll need to "Remove" the module (after saving a copy of any zipcodes currently configured), update the number of zones and then re-install.

Plugin Contributions

I am using One Page Checkout, when a postal code is not within our delivery area a pop-up displays "Please contact the store owner; some required elements of this page are missing." Once OK is clicked then the page is displayed without the shipping and payment details and a message Not Available At This Time Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time. Please contact us for alternate arrangements. Anyway of not displaying the initial pop-up?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

I am using One Page Checkout, when a postal code is not within our delivery area a pop-up displays "Please contact the store owner; some required elements of this page are missing." Once OK is clicked then the page is displayed without the shipping and payment details and a message Not Available At This Time Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time. Please contact us for alternate arrangements. Anyway of not displaying the initial pop-up?

Thanks,
    That "some required elements are missing" message indicates that the template 'rendering' of the page is missing some required jQuery selectors. You can view the browser's "Console Log" by pressing F12 and then the 'Console' tab. That will contain information that identifies which elements are missing.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post

Thanks,
    That "some required elements are missing" message indicates that the template 'rendering' of the page is missing some required jQuery selectors. You can view the browser's "Console Log" by pressing F12 and then the 'Console' tab. That will contain information that identifies which elements are missing.
    Actually this situation is not a result of anything wrong with ZipShip.

OPC appears not to be expecting "no shipping results at all", so it's croaking.
    I've opened issue https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/285 where I describe more details about it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried implementing this mod but nothing happens when you press the "confirm order" button and listed below is what is listed in the log:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  strpos(): Empty needle in /***/***/***includes/modules/shipping/zipship.php on line 113
    Line 113 is listed in red below.

Code:
                    $this->default_zone = false;
                    // $this->dest_zipcode = substr(strtoupper($order->delivery['postcode']), 0, (int)ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH);
                    $this->dest_zipcode = strtoupper(str_replace([' ', '-'], '', $order->delivery['postcode']));
                    for ($i = 1; $i <= $this->num_zones; $i++) {
                        $current_table = "MODULE_SHIPPING_ZIPSHIP_CODES_$i";
                        if (defined($current_table)) {
                            $zipcode_table = constant($current_table);
                            if ($zipcode_table === '00000') {
                                $this->default_zone = $i;
                            } else {
                                // Read codes from config
                                $zipcodes = explode(',', str_replace([' ', '-'], '', strtoupper($zipcode_table)));

// Sort codes by length (longest first) and alpha
                                    $a = trim($a, '!');
                                    $b = trim($b, '!');
                                   return (strlen($a) < strlen($b)) ?: strcmp($b, $a);
                                });
                               // 1. For pattern matching, assume a "prefix". That is, for M***** just list M, and for L4**** just use L4.

// 2. In any listed postal code, if you add a "!" at the beginning or end of the code, it will exclude that one. eg: M4B1Y! or !M4B1Y would exclude all M4B1Y* codes.

// One caveat to note: if a postalcode pattern is present in more than one zone, the "last" non-excluded match will be used for calculating rates. (eg: if it matches in zones 1 and 3, then the rates from zone 3 will apply, ignoring its existence in zone 1).

// Check for exclusion patterns defined with a starting or ending ! symbol
                                    if (strpos($check_against, '!') === false) continue; // if no ! skip checking this iteration
                                    if (strpos($this->dest_zipcode, trim($check_against, '!')) === 0) { // strip ! to do matching

// If exclusion detected, use "continue" to end this foreach and skip the next one as well
                                        continue 2;
                                    }
                                }

// Pass if the supplied code matches a defined prefix pattern
                                    if (strpos($check_against, '!') !== false) continue;
                                    if (strpos($this->dest_zipcode, $check_against) === 0) {
                                        $this->dest_zone = $i;

// If a match is found, end this foreach
                                        break;
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are all your zone rules? It seems like you've left one that has only a ! on its own.

Plugin Contributions

I did find that 2 of my postal codes had "######", don't know why but I will correct and see if the issue persists.

Thanks again

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast