Plugin Contributions

Default 3 Different Images

Hey guys is there a way to have a 3 or 4 different images on my pages next to my social buttons.(I also use the tabs feature) I know I could have 1 though out like the buttons ,but I need 3 or 4 different images to appear on different products ... I know I could have to in the text area ,but it just looks a bit weird.
    I don't like sharing my website here as it gets spammed a lot when I have in the past..

Here is a screenshot of what I mean
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 3 Different Images

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-C27 View Post
    Hey guys is there a way to have a 3 or 4 different images on my pages next to my social buttons.(I also use the tabs feature) I know I could have 1 though out like the buttons ,but I need 3 or 4 different images to appear on different products ... I know I could have to in the text area ,but it just looks a bit weird.
    I don't like sharing my website here as it gets spammed a lot when I have in the past..

Here is a screenshot of what I mean
    Just upload the the images to the correct folder name the same e.g. test.jpg (this will be main image) test_1.jpg (alternative view) test_2.jpg

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Just upload the the images to the correct folder name the same e.g. test.jpg (this will be main image) test_1.jpg (alternative view) test_2.jpg
    If uploading these images from the admin product info page, be sure that the last image uploaded is your main image. There are other ways to get the additional image files to the server each with their potential additional direction needed.

Recommend reading this FAQ on additional images: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-to-a-product
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    I already have alternate images in images tab and main image for all products.
    I am trying to add delivery images as some are available for next day and some aren't ..So what I want to do is add the image on the right saying which is which .. 1 of the ways I can see is by adding code to tpl_product_info_display.php where my share links are but unsure as to how I can add different images..
    The other is by adding a image in Products Description and using the button to add the image ,but it's not really where I want it

Plugin Contributions

Off the cuff, one way I could see doing this is using a variation of the additional images code and consistent storage of these "special" images into a subdirectory off of the normal directory for your product.

Effectively use the base filename but insert the "special" directory as part of it and then whatever formatting is necessary to get the desired effect.

That comes at a cost though and upon rereading the usage actually wouldn't be what you want, but I've already written the above and don't care to delete it.

So really what you are wanting is to present one of a set of images depending on how a product can be shipped. Ideally to minimize effort/duplication in the includes/modules/pages/product_info/header_php.php or main_template_vars or variation thereof or through the use of a notifier, to determine the shipping type(s) and associated image, then yes in your template file to provide the result of that lookup. Or could use javascript to accomplish the same though that information would not be presented to users that do not have JS enabled.

As to the admin side, you could either add a field to represent the shipping option(s) though that somewhat is the wrong place as shipping type is not typically so controlled from the product information page. Primarily depends on how you use each of the fields present there and whether want/need to more appropriately modify the entry, database structure, add an additional table, etc...

What determines if a product is available next day or otherwise? There must be something that already exists to support the shipping module(s) to know that condition.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply
    At the moment I just write a line in red at the bottom of the description. This products can take up to 14 days (in reality it's about 7) and despite being in red and clearly visible people still phone and complain as to why it takes so long. I would stop using this supplier but sadly people go crazy for them and just can't afford to buy stock ... If it comes down to it I'll have to use the description area to do it

Plugin Contributions

So you should also be able to insert an image link directly in the description as well. If you're using ckeditor you will need to go to the source edit view (button on ckeditor toolbar) and then enter the html to get the image to be displayed.

Otherwise there are creative options such as applying (linking) the product to a category that is not displayed (1-day shipping or 2-week window something like that) and then again in the product_info display "path" look up if the product is in one or more of those categories and if so then display the applicable image(s).

At that point the admin "control" would be which product is linked to which category(ies).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks ,sounding complicated ,lol maybe will just have to use the description to place the image as that seems the best way to do it ,will have to have a think about it

Plugin Contributions

andy,
    you have 3 or 4 different images, and yet you have 2 types of products? available next-day products and not available next-day products?

my opinion would be to add a field, either using a plugin, or on your own, and then based on that field, modify tpl_product_info_default.php to display which images based on the value of that field. you would have to modify the product admin side of things to also be able to edit the field as well.

if all products were in a particular category(ies), you could alternatively add a field to the categories table to indicate whether or not to display the image(s) and specifically which image(s).

manually editing the description field has the potential to make your site look inconsistent due to the potential errors when hand coding html across numerous products.

you would also need to ftp the images to a specific location.

while certainly a little bit of work, i hardly think it impossible, and it would better allow for consistent styling across products. it is something i have done numerous times in the past.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply ,you are right about the about the product image it' just doesn't look good.May have to be a project for next year