Plugin Contributions

Default How Difficult Is It To Add A Shopping Cart Link On My Mobile Site?

ZC 1.5.4

Issue: Shopping cart is hard to get to on my mobile site, you have to add a product in order to reach it because the shopping cart link is in the menu drop down, it's barely visible and impossible to click.

I was wondering how hard it would be to make a clickable shopping cart link in the head and to make it only visible on the mobile version of the site.

Site: http://www.shortyspumps.com

Thanks,

Ash

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Difficult Is It To Add A Shopping Cart Link On My Mobile Site?

If I understood correctly, try this:

edit the file tpl_header.php
    (includes/templates/zenn/common/tpl_header.php)

Find
    HTML Code:
    <div id="header" class="navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top" role="navigation">

<div class="container">

<div class="call">Call Us: <a href="tel:18778218770" title="Click to Call">(877)821-8770</a> Toll Free</div>
    Change it to
    HTML Code:
    <div id="header" class="navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top" role="navigation">

<div class="container">

<div class="row">
                <div class="col-sx-12 col-sm-6 hidden-lg hidden-md">
                <a href="https://www.shortyspumps.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart">your link text</a>
                </div>
                <div class="col-sx-12 col-sm-6 call">
                Call Us: <a href="tel:18778218770" title="Click to Call">(877)821-8770</a> Toll Free
                </div>
            </div>

Plugin Contributions

Store-bought templates can be a B I tich. Any modification other than their way of doing it means hours of figuring out their way of doing it in order to know what to do to fix the problem.
    I know that hover will work with some mobile/tablet OS's BUT it can be a problem as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Store-bought templates can be a B I tich. Any modification other than their way of doing it means hours of figuring out their way of doing it in order to know what to do to fix the problem.
    I know that hover will work with some mobile/tablet OS's BUT it can be a problem as well.
    I agree. Actually IMHO that template has more than one issue, I just suggested a simple/easy tweak based on it.

Plugin Contributions

Yep, not knocking the suggestion. Just letting the folks know that it is always going to be a problem. Especially if you have to do in-line css. Lowers page rank to do that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    I agree. Actually IMHO that template has more than one issue, I just suggested a simple/easy tweak based on it.

Tried it, it worked kinda. It messed up the layout on desktops slightly so I'll play around with it and see what I can get. Thanks man, appreciate you help. I only just realized someone responded lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/csgodeimos - New Videos Wednesday & Saturday
    Gaming Content / Deimos

Plugin Contributions

You are welcome.
    Yes like noticed it is not perfect, you could try to wrap the .navbar-header, and the #menu in a <div class="row">.