Plugin Contributions

Default Down for maintanace causes Category menu to disappear on mobiles

Hi Guys,

Website - www.jphgiftware.com/zc

The site is currently live....

Im using Westminster New template on my website and last night I put the site live for the first time before going out. While out I checked the site over on my mobile and noticed a big problem. The Menu button (the button with 3 lines) which is shown in the top right corner in this template, and the top left corner on the default responsive template disappeared.

Having got home this morning ive been trying to figure out whats happened. I havent changed any core files or mods other than a slight colour adjustment in the stylesheet for the menu.

I uploaded a store back-up I did before going live...button is still missing on menu, I then went to an older backup...button is still missing.

So having cleared that it doesn't appear to be the store files thats the problem and so i uploaded again my most recent back up to bring it all up to date I thought maybe a database problem.

So I uploaded my most recent database backup. I looked at my phone and I get the banner 'Store is down for maintenance to the public' (As it was when i did the back-up having given myself the IP exception) BUT The button works.

I go into the store admin, turn 'Down for maintenance off' refresh/clear cache on phone....sure enough the menu button has gone again....I turn 'down for maintenance' back on, it appears again.

What the heck is going on?!? and more to the point how do I fix it.

Also note..the search and account buttons are working fine on mobile...the menu is working fine on desktop, regardless of setting....just on mobile it won't show if 'Down for maintenance is off'... Ive also deleted my IP exception thinking it might be just playing me around....curiously if I switch back to Classic Responsive template the menu button works fine.

Im now completely out of ideas and any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Down for maintanace causes Category menu to disappear on mobiles

Suggest trying to address this issue in the forum for the template, which can relatively be reached by following this link which might address some of what you are seeing.

I say this because data that is in your site's source code differs from what is in this file which makes me think it could possibly be related.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....08#post1272508

When was your version of this template installed/downloaded? Have you attempted to obtain the latest version which has been recently updated and see if having the same/similar issue? I agree, currently the menu version of the "hamburger" menu (as it is discussed about earlier in this thread) is not being presented on a mobile device which is likely either a javascript "error" or some other modification that is treating the down-for-maintenance condition opposite of what it should be.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Down for maintanace causes Category menu to disappear on mobiles

Hi Mc

Ill post on the thread as well.

FYI the template is the latest version from the plug-in section. I was still developing my site when ZC 1.5.5b was released so upgraded ZC from 1.5.5a the day after it was released...was probably one of the first!

I have however downloaded the .js file in that thread (I assume since times go on abit the latest version of template would have that change anyway. But alas...its made no difference to my problem.

Kind Regards,

John