Plugin Contributions

help question Different confirmation email depending on payment module or method?

Hi!
    I'd like to have specific checkout success email for each of my payment methods used. What should I do? I have access to all files and can make modifications. How can I specify which email is sent?
    Now it only sends same email no matter what payment module is used.

I read https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....w-does-it-work but it's not quite the same request.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different confirmation email depending on payment module or method?

I wonder if this may be helpful? Show 2 different order confirmations - depending on payment method

But, can you be more specific about what specific differences you want to accommodate? Why do you need different emails? What needs to be different about them?
    (The answer to these questions determines how complex the solution is)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Specific email template by payment method

ZC 1.5.1. & 1.5.4.
    I have several payment methods in my store, and just wondering, if it's possible to have separate "checkout success" emails for each payment method used.
    Now I have to put all info and instructions into one email template and it causes confusion to my customers.
    For example:
    If customer chooses bank wire (pay in advance), I need to put instructions how to pay the order, and with PayPal this info is not needed, because the order has already been payed for. Other payment modules are just like that also - orders have been payed.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I just read this other thread and it sort of suites me as well.

I need these different messages, because I have this online payment package which, for instance, includes invoicing where customers can choose to pay their purchase later on, like after 30 days.
    I also have bank transfer, and by our law in Finland, it needs to include certain reference such as "invoice". Other payment methods are automatically "payment accepted" and the bank transfer is "pending".

Customers get confused when they receive an email afterwards that has an invoice again even when they chose to use online payment package. They think that's the invoice they need to pay even it has nothing to do with payment required. There is no need to send them order confirmation with information "how to pay their order" when they have already chosen to use another method to pay for it. Sometimes they pay it twice and I have to return their money back and that costs me money and time.

So, it would be nice if there was separate email "email_template_checkout.html" for each payment method (module) used.
    I have:
    bank transfer (needs an invoice and instructions + order information)
    online bank service package (no need for anything else but order information)
    PayPal (no need for anything else but order information)
    etc...

EDIT:
    I'm not talking about template_checkout_success.php what can be seen after the order has been placed. I'm talking about order confirmation emails :)
    Last edited by MinnaG; 14 Nov 2016 at 10:54 PM.

Plugin Contributions

i am not sure if anyone has answered your question as of yet.....

i believe the sending of the order confirmation emails is done within:

includes/classes/order.php

and specifically the function send_order_email. if you wanted to change the order confirmation email, based on the type of payment, i believe that would be the place to do it.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.