Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Attributes with Sub-Attributes? Possible??

Hi Everyone,
    Its been awhile, but I am now back to working on relaunching my business and have been told I need a new website. For now, I would like to rejuvenate my old one.
    One thing I need to do is to be able to break down the attribute list that is attached to every product so that we know what team/group/charity the 20% goes to.
    For an example of this go to my old website and click on Number Necklaces and Double Number :

http://www.spiritjewelry.org

You should see the drop list that lets you pick either a non-fundraising purchase or a Fullerton team.
    What I need is a break down in that drop menu. Categories and Sub-Categories.

For Example :
    State (California)
    City (Fullerton)
    Team
    Player

By doing this, we won't have a mile long list that one has to go through to chose their kid's or grandkid's team.
    This is the only way I can find to make this work. If you have other suggestions please feel free to contact me, but please understand 2 things.
    1. This can not be a empty field for the buyer to fill in because they will either not give us the correct team name or not fill in at all and then we have to research and make phone calls and send emails to see where the money goes to.... don't have time for that. Teams/Groups/Charities register with us ahead of time and the correct information is added upon registration.
    2. Has to be PER product not per invoice. Very few parents and grandparents who have multiple kids have them all on the same team or even in the same sport. We pride ourselves on allowing them to make multiple purchases and give the portion to multiple groups.

We are unique, so we need a "just as unique" site to relaunch ~

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes with Sub-Attributes? Possible??

Stock by attributes seems like it could fit your bill. A good bit of up front attribute/variant assignment, but once established you would be able to select each sub-object based on the previous selection....

Not yet sure how the javascript in the background would look based on the volumne suggested. Certainly a reason for it to use Ajax in the future to look up those additional combinations instead of pre-generating the combinations.

I might have to upload a few recent developments to make available many of the recent improvements, but if you try out the existing software a little on a development server at least you could get the gist.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure I understand....would they all be in one drop list or new ones become available depending on what they choose for the previous one?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    I'm not sure I understand....would they all be in one drop list or new ones become available depending on what they choose for the previous one?
    Both are actually available, but... if you were to use the default setting of dynamic dropdowns for multiple attributes, then upon accessing the product, the customer would be shown x dropdown attributes. Using the above example, the first would show: First select State. And when selected, all entered states would display. City would also be present and show Next select City. It and the other attributes would not present any additional selections until the previous option was selected.

So the initial display would be:
    State: First select a State
    City: Next select a City
    Team: Next select a Team
    Player: Next select a Player

At this point the only one that would show any information in a dropdown would be the State. Selection of any of the others would be just the text basically seen above until the dropdown before it was selected.

So if Player 15 on team Doe in City Springfield of state Illinois was to be found, then selection of each thing would populate the next dropdown based on the previous one. Overall there's still lots of data involved but the visitor/customer only has to "filter" one piece of information at a time and would be presented with populated information for each selection only after making the first selection and each following selection.

There are some other settings available that would/could display all options in a single dropdown sorted by the same above criteria, but it seems that the list would be tremendously long as well. That and other "styles" are presented by changing a single setting in the admin to alter how entered attribute data is displayed.

Like said, the initial entry of the specific applicable player variants may take a little time (there are a few creative ways to manipulate the entry/deletion after entry) to get it all correctly populated, but it seems like it might support the desired result/effect.

Plugin Contributions

All of that said, I should state that the version supporting all of that is still on github (I think just a few more things to finalize to present it again to ZC) at https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined. This is a further development of Potteryhouse's work but offers the program in a way that supports ZC 1.5.1 and above.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm coming back to refresh this idea. I am currently paying someone to create my site, but if it keeps going the way its going I will be building it myself. That being said, if I have to build myself I will need to incorporate this into the new site as well as some other unique issues I will be faced with. MC12345678 if you are still available to hold my hand...lol....please let me know