Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute weight factor?

I am building a store that sells fabric per yard. We want to create each product (type of fabric) that has lots of color options, a size (per yard) drop down option. Already figured out how to multiply price of based using the price factor to calculate the yards drop down size option.

Please see site here to see it in action:

Base price is set to 1 yard. Using attributes to multiply yards. For instance 1 yard attributes is set to 0 price factor, 2 yard attribute has a price factor of 2, 3 yards has price factor of 3. This works great in that is calculates price according to yards chosen.

But I have a problem when it comes to weight. I also want the weight to double, triple, etc based upon attribute. I see no weight price factor. All I see is a + and - weight sign. How can I make my weigh double triple, etc for each drop-down option (X 30 yards) without manually updating each attributes for each type of fabric with different weight? Is there are weight price factor?
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute weight factor?

Using the Attributes Controller, you can set the weight for each option and it will add to the original amount. Unfortunately, it will need to be done for each attribute. If all your fabrics weigh the same for 1, 2, 3 or 4 yards; you could set them in the database all at once.

Remember that the weight setting is in pounds. So, ounces would be .0625 each.

IMHO -- the template drives me bonkers with all the jumping.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Was hoping to copy attributes to all the fabric products and be done. But no, I have to go in an modify weight on each product for every attribute (X30). Don't know how to do in database. Well, OK then I guess I have to do what I have to do. thank you for your help.

Yeah the template image jumping will be fixed soon, its annoying I know.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

The products_attributes table contains the products_id, the options_id, and the options_values_id. Using similar items, you could set the weight (products_attributes_weight) and the prefix (products_attributes_weight_prefix).

If all your cotton were basically the same are really close, you could pick the heaviest in each of the yardages and use those as constants in the sql update and change the products_id each time you run the update.

You may even be able to do this with easy populate. Don't use it so don't know.

Plugin Contributions

Can with EasyPopulate v4, though first have to overcome any learning curve with say Open Office and having to save the data file as a UTF-8 CSV file... not incredibly difficult, but often the trip up point for new users.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...