Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a simple way to redirect a specific page to my home page ?

I looked in the forum but couldn't find a simple solution for this. Right now, Google is ranking one of my pages 'http://mywebsite.com/index.php?main_page=discount_coupon ' so I don't want to lose that ranking. Problem is, it isn't even a page I'm using in the website so I'd like to redirect it to the home page. I've tried doing a redirect using cpanel but it doesn't seem to work for any of the variations I've tried. Thanks in advance for your help...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a simple way to redirect a specific page to my home page ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    I looked in the forum but couldn't find a simple solution for this. Right now, Google is ranking one of my pages 'http://mywebsite.com/index.php?main_page=discount_coupon ' so I don't want to lose that ranking. Problem is, it isn't even a page I'm using in the website so I'd like to redirect it to the home page. I've tried doing a redirect using cpanel but it doesn't seem to work for any of the variations I've tried. Thanks in advance for your help...
    Understand that if it gets redirected then the resulting page's content will be what is evaluated for link status and could lose it's "strength".

One way, code involved, is to add in the includes/modules/pages/discount_coupon/header_php.php after the opening <?php:

Code:
    zen_redirect(zen_html_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
    Other ways would include using an observer for the opening of the header file and do the same thing which would be easier to "maintain" than individual edits to files, but harder to track down the cause for pages going back to the main site.

Also, depending on how you have your page-not-found setup, you could delete the above directory, and any reference to that page would appear as presented by your setting(s) for a page-not-found.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a simple way to redirect a specific page to my home page ?

Ok thank you, that was a great solution.... changed the page not found option in admin and just renamed the directory in case it's needed down the road.