Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive Templates - change main site?

Hi,

I am right in thinking that if I try to install a responsive template this will change the layout/look of my existing website? I need to keep my pc version website looking more or less the way it is now as it's taken 11 years to get it looking the way I want (still learning).

Recently paid someone to upgrade to 1.5.4 and cannot afford the additional fees for the mobile responsive version they suggested they install so trying to sort something out myself if I can - to keep google happy.

Am I better just trying to create a mobile version of the website and leave these responsive templates alone?
    I am not good at php and can only do basic changes here and there unless very good instructions.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Templates - change main site?

How about a look at your site? Sure would help in forming a response.

Plugin Contributions

hi, it's beeunique dot co dot uk

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.5.5b can easily be manipulated to have a similar look to your current site. It includes a responsive template that can be modified with a mod we created that makes the responsive template easier to control.
    You have a LOT of errors on your current site. Zen Cart comes out of the box without those errors so you may have had some less than stellar work done.
    I really feel that 99% of your customers will be looking from a phone or tablet. That makes the transition virtually a requirement versus option.
    If your hosting allows more than one database (we do but some do not), create a new blank database called 155b and use it to build a test site. I would do this in a /store directory of your site and follow the section on keeping your live store running.
    When you have done that, you can add the clone a template mod and clone the responsive_classic template to something like beeunique.
    Then, you can use the color change mod (found in my sig) to adjust the beeunique template to match your desired look.
    Last step is to finish the upgrade with the old database and images for your products.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I have just paid over $2000 to have the site upgraded from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 last month (included mod upgrades to 1.5.4 and was done by a reputable member of this forum) so definitely cannot upgrade to 1.5.5 just now and will need to find a solution using 1.5.4.

I do have a sandbox version of the site on my server, just not sure which template to try and use as none seem similar to my current layout.

Errors - thanks for the feedback, can you tell me how you saw these errors as I would like to have a look and try to resolve these.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Errors - thanks for the feedback, can you tell me how you saw these errors as I would like to have a look and try to resolve these.

Thanks again
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

Possibly with this tool. Looks like you have a lot of '&' giving you errors.
    Sorry to chip in dbltoe, just backing you up.

Plugin Contributions

No prob, chipping in is what we do around here.